“nice if you like to be supervised” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Ranch Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Sea Ranch Motel
You added Sea Ranch Motel to your Saves list
PO Box 176, Carolina Beach, NC 28428   |
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Lincolnton, NC
“nice if you like to be supervised”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2007

We were told we would have a private balcony, we didn't. We were greeted at the door of our room by a big roach, with other little ones running around the kitchen and bathroom. We could only get more towels when dirty ones were turned in. The room was very small and the beds were very hard. The only good thing we can really say about it was the view from our "private" balcony

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fuquay Varina, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2007

My family has been going to Carolina beach for about 35 years. Our previous "home away from home" was sold and torn down so we had to find a new place. With the family needing about 30 rooms, Sea Ranch was the only place that would take us. The pools are nice, great location, nice rooms, the only problem we had was with the bathrooms. The showers (no tubs) are so small, you can't bend over to wash your feet so it's good to have a wife/husband there so you can stick you feet out and let them wash them. The toliet area is also very small.

• 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
fayetteville, nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2006

My family and I stayed here Labor Day weekend and I will never go back. Our air conditioner went out in the middle of the night and I could not get anyone until 7:30am the next morning. They did not charge us for that night but it is kind of hard to be in a hot motel room in the middle of the night with a 2 year old that doesn't understand why the air doesn't work and it sweating and crying about it. The room was average but I wouldn't stay there because if you need anything or any help in the middle of the night, you are screwed.

Stayed September 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

My family first visited the Sea Ranch Motel soon after our kids got out of school. Mostly all we wanted the most was right in front of us the pool and ocean. The staff was helpful and friendly to our family. And we hope to visit soon!

Lebanon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2006

This is definitely a "mom & pop" MOTEL. If we had not made reservations in advance, we probably would not have picked this motel. however, in this case, don't choose a book by it's cover. This is an older motel but the room that we stayed in had been redone. The carpet appeared to be new and the efficiency kitchen was fine. The bathroom was clean. There is only a shower in the bath, no tub. The best thing about this place was the view. We were on the 2nd floor and felt like we were practically on top of the ocean. It was very nice. The weather was perfect and a little chilly at night. My major complaint is with the air conditioning. The air conditioner is right in the wall and is very loud and BARELY cooled the room at all. Thank goodness for a ceiling fan and the cool night air. I can't imagine staying there any later than June. It would be very uncomfortable if the air cond. is no better. The pools were both clean and the beach is beautiful. We ate at Michael's one night - BEWARE- the food is terrible. It was fresh, but had absolutely no flavor whatsoever. Another night we ate at Dockside's at Wrightsville Beach and it although the food was good, the service was not good. Overall, this is a nice motel, but don't expect anything FANCY.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2006

I just got back from my weekend at Sea Ranch, and I was very pleased. Staff was courteous, the room was magically cleaned when we were gone, and the refrigerator was a nice size.

My favorite part of the room was the oceanfront view. We had a 2nd floor room, and I spent hours out in the rocker on the balcony. The balcony was very private, and the walls blocked the wind. There was even a clothesline for our wet towels!

Great access to the beach. My only complaint was that the heated pool was not warm and that the pool/jacuzzi area closed too early at 9pm.

The rates are affordable, and I would recommend the Sea Ranch oceanfront rooms.

• Stayed April 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2005

We stayed at the Sea Ranch during our first visit to Carolina Beach in June 2005. The rooms were very large, giving us ample room for a crib and for my 5 year old to romp. The balcony views are terrific! The pools are huge, clean, lots of chairs, and have slides for the kids. The boardwalk down to the beach is just right--great for lugging floats, toys, chairs, umbrellas, and lots of shells on the return trip. The decor of the room reminded my husband and I of trips to the beach when we were kids-- old-fashioned but with lots of character. The only downside was housekeeping--the daily cleaning wasn't as good as we expected. However, we fell in love with Carolina Beach--and the Sea Ranch is just right for families with small children. We booked the same room for next year as well! Thanks Greg and staff of the Sea Ranch!

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Sea Ranch Motel? Share your experiences!