We hardly ever go to the beach during peak season due to the crowds & high cost of accommodations but with a few days off, decided on the spur of the moment to go this past Saturday. We should have arrived on Friday because by Saturday there were almost no rooms to be found & if there were, there was a 2 night minimum but we were only staying 1 night. Finally found 1 at the Microtel Hotel after almost giving up.
Pros: An excellent hotel. Room was spacious (2 Queens plus a long cushioned window seat). In room mini fridge, a safe & cable tv. Beds were large & comfortable. Everything was very clean. Towels big & fluffy, hair dryer provided as well. Staff was wonderful, very friendly, efficient & helpful. Pool was a great way to cool off. Vending & ice machine near elevator. Restaurants & shopping very close to hotel.
Cons: Biggest was summer price. We paid just over $200 for one night. I can see that at a luxury oceanfront hotel in peak season but not one so far from the water. Shower head delivered very little water (possibly a water saving method), could hardly rinse shampoo from my hair. Shower exhaust/vent is inefficient to handle steam so steamed mirror was a constant during showers. A free continental breakfast was provided & staff kept up well with keeping items supplied which included coffee, juices, cold cereal, prepackaged muffins & other breads even a make your own waffle machine. I'm sad to say that I didn't eat breakfast due to the crowd. It wasn't the hotels fault but I went downstairs twice trying to get a waffle but could hardly get close to the waffle maker. With only a few hours left before check-out & several things we wanted to do such as a quick trip to the beach itself, a last minute dip in the pool & a shower, we decided to skip breakfast.
In speaking with the manager at check-out we were told that the hotel franchise doesn't even provide a waffle maker, the manager kindly took it upon himself to provide one which was very nice & considerate of him.
Personally, I prefer to stay beachfront which is much more convenient. It's a very long walk (we always drove) from the hotel to the water or boardwalk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer you a clean and comfortable hotel with 59 beautifully-appointed rooms, the Microtel Inn in Carolina Beach, NC, goes the extra mile to provide modern conveniences to make your stay extra pleasant. Enjoy cable TV , refrigerators in most rooms, microwaves in our suites, work desk, phone with data port and complimentary high-speed Internet access.Choose from three types of comfortable accommodations-Single Room, Double Room or Suite. Enjoy our exceptional location that puts you just a 5 block walk from the beach, a short drive to historic downtown Wilmington, Wilmington International Airport and have the Fort Fisher Ferry nearby if you are going South. We are also located just an hour south of Camp Lejeune. Everything you need for your business trip or vacation with the luxury of being on Pleasure Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Hotel Carolina Beach
- Microtel Inn And Suites Carolina Beach
- Microtel Carolina Beach
- Microtel Hotel Carolina Beach
- Carolina Beach Microtel