“BEAUTIFUL Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Carolina Beach
Vincennes, Indiana
“BEAUTIFUL Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here in mid January, was upgraded to a suite at no additional cost, Very nice location, comfortable beds and unbelievable view of the sun rising over the ocean. Stay did not include breakfast but for the price I couldn't complain. Did have the breakfast buffet, thought it was well stocked with choices, the price was reasonable. The staff were great. Returned there when in the area 2 weeks later.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room and if possible request the corner suite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Martinsville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were in the area to attend a wedding and in a rush to check in only to find out from a very rude employee that our room was not ready. We sat in the dining area and waited for it to be cleaned. The room was okay and efforts had been made to cover up the aging facility. Though I was unhappy that a double door joined our room to another one. The room was overpriced as was the food in the dining area. Breakfast was not included. To top it all off we were overcharged and had to wait on money to be refunded to our account and were not given our points for our Marriott card. I will never stay here again and do not recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I am sorry that I could not give an excellent this time. My room was not as clean as it could have been. When I thought I saw urine on the toilet seat later it was explained that their bathroom cleaner is yellow and the person that cleaned failed to dry the seat off. Michael at the front desk was so nice to offer another room, I appreciated the offer and accepted housekeeping's offer to wipe down the toilet again. She did show me the bottle and the cleaner is yellow. The floors could have used vacuuming. I noticed the bathroom floor had hair on it. The dresser was sticky and the telephone was dirty. Michael gave us a free breakfast for our toilet mishap for the next morning and the buffet was outstanding! If the room were properly cleaned I would have given my rating an outstanding. The beds were very comfy and we slept well. If in the area again I will chose to stay here. Everyone really goes out of their way to make you happy. Hopefully next time I can give it an excellent rating.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

First, I have to say that every room is beachfront, therefore has a wonderful ocean view! We stayed here with a total of 2 adults and 3 children in a 1 bedroom corner suite on the 8th floor for 2 days. There was ample space with the children in the bedroom and the adults sleeping on the pullout couch in the living room.

Upon entry, you can go down the hallway to the right to reach the bedroom or down the hallway to the left to reach the kitchen and living areas. This separation for kids to have quiet once they go to bed while adults stay up in the living room/kitchen/balcony. There is also a separate dressing room with its own doors.The kitchen is equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. There is also a full size dining table with 4 chairs which was great for sitting down eating meals together.

The decor is modern and room was clean. The entire suite is very spacious and setup like an apartment. All staff very friendly. Indoor pool was nice and warm. Indoor Jacuzzi was big and hot. It is a short walk down a pathway about 30 feet to the beach. We paid $119 per night for the suite, which I felt was very affordable considering the space and the beachfront location.

I LOVED lying down on the pullout couch watching and listening to the waves. There are not many entertainment or restaurant options in the actual city (closest major chain restaurants are in Wilmington). If you are looking for a quiet relaxing getaway, this is a good choice. I would definitely return. *be sure to look at the photos*

Room Tip: If traveling with a family, choose a corner suite on a high floor. It's only $20 more than a reg...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The hotel was fine (I stayed there when the next door carnival was down for the season). However, on the first night I left my balcony door open to hear the ocean and feel the cool breezes. Unfortunately, one floor below me was a group of chain smokers. This hotel is supposedly completely smoke-free - one reason I stayed there. Needless to say, the smoke wafting into my room from the open door ruined the night. When I called the front desk, the gentleman who answered suggested I should just close my balcony door. Well, no, that is why I payed a premium to stay in an ocean-side room in a smoke free hotel. The next morning, I told the lady at the front desk and offered to move to another room. She said she would take care of the situation and that smoking was not allowed even on the balconies. When I returned that evening, I asked if I should move, but was told there were no other rooms (maybe, or maybe not - it was the middle of a warm January), but they had seen no "evidence" of smoking from any room below mine. I guess my three senses of sight, smell and hearing didn't count. Of course the chain smokers returned that night. When I left the following morning, the lady working the desk did give me about a 20% refund, but I doubt I will ever stay here again or recommend it.

Room Tip: Maybe stay on a lower floor so smoke from balconies (which should not exist per policy) doesn't...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Will L, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Tim E,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent trip to Carolina Beach. We do have a 100% No Smoking policy at our hotel which includes the balconies of our guest rooms. Unfortunatly, we do have guests from time to time that are not as considerate with the policy. When we are able to identify smokers we certainly make them aware of the policy. I am very sorry that you were inconvienenced and I am glad that our front desk offered you compensation for your troubles. We would certainly like to keep your business in the future and I feel that future experiences will be much better. Please let me know if I can help you in the future.
Will Lear, AGM
Concord, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My supervisor and I planned a training for New Exceptional Children's Directors January 8-11th. I worked w/the catering dept. to plan snacks and lunches. They did a fantastic job! Everyone was pleased with the variety and quality of service and food.

Our accomodations were wonderful as well. Very clean and comfortable!

We used vouchers for breakfast. The lady that took care of us remembered our drink preferences and was very friendly.

I actually lost my hotel key while I was walking on the beach. When I went to the front desk to report that, I had a new key in less than 5 minutes!

I hope to go back there w/husband for a weekend get-a-way!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Wife and I went here for a winter "week-end" getaway ...

The good parts ....
Beachfront
Nice Facilities
Nice "standard" rooms
Nice staff
Good location ... close to boardwalk

Now the Bad parts ...
TOO Expensive
TOO Expensive
TOO EXPENSIVE!

To begin with ... its a very nice hotel and beachfront. What more could you want? The only problem is ... Its a Courtyard! And just with that name the price skyrockets. During the summer, prices per night may run $300 to $400 a night. Nothing too special here to warrant those prices but they jack em' up. Way too ridiculous considering there are nice beachfront condos down the road for 1/2 the price!

Because of the "summer" prices, unless I win big, this will never be our location of choice. But the prices do go down during the winter and my wife and I found this was a good location for a small romantic getaway. We got a nice "jacuzzi" room for about $100 a night which included breakfast.

Overall a great place to stay ... if you can afford it.

Room Tip: Not good for a family on a budget. However, during the off season, it is a different story. Great pl...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach? Share your experiences!