“Go Here!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Buffalo, New York
“Go Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

So my brother and sister-in-law took us here to start our Thursday evening after the beach. We all started with a specialty drink off their menu, which was out of this world. There wasn't one bad dish. The tuna was so fresh and melted in our mouths, all the way to the double bacon cheeseburger which couldn't get any better! If ur in town, you need to go here...it's a must!

Asheville, North Carolina
“Very good brunch at SH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Had a very yummy brunch experience this past weekend. I had the Mahi sandwich on gluten free bread which was absolutely delicious. Husband had biscuits and gravy and grits...wasn't thrilled with the grits or biscuits but said the gravy was some of the best he has ever had. Love that they emphasize using local ingredients. Will return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Good Food, Small Portions, Great Dessert, Heat Stroke”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The staff is welcoming, the prices are mostly reasonable, and the place is really quaint inside, but portions are fairly small. I would not recommend getting a salad since the salads seem to consist primarily of mixed greens with very few toppings. (I only got five shrimp on my cilantro lime salad.) My dad's almond-encrusted mahi was delicious, but it lacked a substantial side dish. My mom's watermelon salad was pretty and tasty, but it was also quite small. We split the Cheerwine cake and bourbon banana bread pudding for dessert. The Cheerwine cake was decent, but the bread pudding was absolutely delicious. I would recommend coming to this restaurant for the dessert.

That being said, I would not go back to this restaurant since it was so hot and stuffy inside that all customers were guzzling water, dripping sweat, and mopping their faces with napkins. The ceiling fans were completely insufficient. I was very displeased.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Casual and welcoming atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Casual and welcoming atmosphere with serious emphasis on quality food experience; In a recent stay at CB, I ate at Surf House Cafe numerous times. The braised brisket and accompanying vegetables were scrumptious - well flavored, tender and a generous serving. Another day at lunch, I tried the turkey cuban which was exceptional and my understanding a top seller.. Service was excellant and food delivery was quicker than I expected. It is obvious there is a commitment to a memorable experience with food prepared using fresh ingredients.. I highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“This is worth repeat visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a small place so it's best to have a reservation if your group is large or just go at a less busy time. Deliciously prepared food, fresh fresh fresh. Even the vegetables were perfection. The chef and wait staff were very helpful in making my need to eat gluten free pleasant and safe. It was very casual, small, but YUMMY!

Visited July 2014