“Delectable Dining at Surf House” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Oyster Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Delectable Dining at Surf House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I'm no food critic but know a good thing when I see it. We were first time visitors to Carolina Beach in early June 2014. When asking around about good restaurants Surf House seemed to surface more than any other. So Surf House it was. The first night we had dinner there (yes, it was so good we went back for dinner a second time and breakfast twice too!) we had seafood. My wife who is a great cook in her own right started off with an appetizer of burnt end bbq brisket nestled in a bed of sweet potato. And I had the Smoked Trout Avocado Dip. Both were divine and healthy portions. Being that it was a big Race weekend (Belmont) we had to order their Mint Julep's and one was just not enough! The Cilantro Lime shrimp salad was clean, refreshing and pure so the flavor of the shrimp wasn't obscured. The pecan encrusted sea bass was cooked to perfection and it too was simple allowing the true taste of the sea bass to be experienced. The atmosphere is comfortable and laid back yet the food was prepared and plated in a sophisticated manner. Ok, I'm realizing how long this is getting so I'll summarize...... The prices were so reasonable we chose to dine there several times. After two dinners, a breakfast and a brunch we can honestly say its a fantastic restaurant. Make this one of your stops while in Carolina Beach!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

High Point, North Carolina
“Excellent lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We met for lunch after reading some good reviews of this restaurant. We went for lunch and it was fantastic! The service was excellent and everyone at the table had something different - everyone's food was delicious! The atmosphere was beachy, simple and comfortable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Delicious dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We ate dinner here our first night in Carolina Beach. The food was so fresh and delicious and the service was great. My husband enjoyed the selection of NC beers. Several vegetarian options.

Visited June 2014
Charlotte, NC
“Tuesday night burger night and great seafood- save room for dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My daughter and I went to the Surf House for dinner tonight. I was surprised by the very casual look of the restaurant (wooden benches and chairs), but the food and service were very good. Tuesday evenings are "burger nights" ($7) so we felt like we needed to one of those and we ordered the Mahi mahi dinner to share. All food came to us very quickly (in fact so hot, we almost burned our tongues on it). We got there about 6:30 and finished our meal by 7:10! The mahi dinner was very good with almond encrusted, roasted grape tomatoes and a superb pesto sauce and arugula leaves on the side. A light, smallish dinner, but very good. We ordered a Baja burger and accidentally received the Aloho burger. It was nice flavor, but not what we ordered. They corrected the error and brought us the Baja burger that was very good (black beans, feta cheese and cilantro). The french fries are homemade, but were a little overdone (had a little burnt flavor, but still good). We had read the strawberry shortcake was good and have to agree. Nice lemony flavor and ice cream... yummy! Definitely aplace I would go back too. Not over crowded, not overpriced.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Delicious Food and Cool Vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My family and I really enjoyed our dinner at Surf House. My first impression was I loved the decor, like modern beachy, and loved that everything was local/sustainable food. We went on a Tuesday night which was burger night and all four of our burgers were excellent. The cherry on top was the amazing in season strawberry shortcake which featured roasted strawberries. I highly recommend Surf House for the taste and the price! Will definitely go again.

Visited May 2014