“The best thai food EVER !!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“The best thai food EVER !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I just ate there this past weekend. I got the #22 on the menu (clear bean noodles with veggies and chicken).........and it was AMAZING ! My husband got the #13. If you look on their website, it has descriptions of those dishes. It took a little while for the food to come out, but I could tell that it was VERY FRESH and hadn't been sitting in the back in a pan for hours just waiting for us to come in. I love restaurants that don't have to use salt to flavor a food dish. This restaurant isn't much to look at from the outside (or inside for that matter, there's nothing fancy about it.........), but don't judge a book by its cover or else you'll miss out. The waitress and other staff are VERY friendly and warm and welcoming and can answer any/all questions. You can order your dish based on a star system (one star=not so spicy, three stars=very spicy), so if you don't like spicy thai food, they will prepare it accordingly. I cannot WAIT to go back !

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Hidden Jem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great Thai restaurant on the island. Love their spicy fried rice.

Visited April 2012
camellia10
“An Under-Visited Gem-Best on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I went to Ida Thai after an article in our local paper ran last week. We went for Friday night dinner and it was excellent.

This is a place we'd driven by for years saying "I wonder if that is any good?" The building isn't glitzy like other places on the beach, but this definitely fills the bill of "divey gem." It is very clean on the inside. The service was super prompt and very friendly, but most of all, the food was EXCELLENT!

We had Thom Yum soup, Fresh Rolls, Chicken Satay, Spicy Basil Noodles, and Massaman curry. Everything was top notch.

I've eaten at plenty of restaurants on Carolina Beach and Kure Beach, but this has to be the best I've been to, in terms of food and service. No, there's no view, but if you want actual good food for your money, as opposed to just a view, go here.

Go here anyway!

It's a tremendous value, friendly, and oh so yummy.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“All Around Great Experience. Excellent Flavors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

We had Massaman Curry, Spicy Basil and Fried Rice. Each was wonderfully flavored and had an excellent balance of ingredients. The service was very pleasant and attentive. A great dining experience all around.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Memphis, Tennessee
“The best Thai I have ever had!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Our neighbor recommended Ida Thai. It is in a small house in Carolina Beach. The food was extremely fresh and amazing. We had three fabulous appetizers and our meals were fantastic. The Pad Thai was the best I have ever had. I highly recommend trying Ida Thai. We will definately return!

• Visited March 2012