“Would not stay again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Russo's Motel

Russo's Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Russo's Motel
213 Cape Fear Boulevard, Carolina Beach, NC 28428   |
Ranked #15 of 17 hotels in Carolina Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Would not stay again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The two good things were the location and the people running it were nice.

The bad: The sheets on the bed were not clean, the comforter had burned marks and some stains that were rather bad. You had to pull the door hard to make sure it locked otherwise you could still just push it open. The security lock was on backwards so it did not work. The closet was big but there was another door to join the room next to ours in the closet, it had a slide lock like a bathroom door, which would not hold if anyone wanted to come in. We had people on either side of us, one had 8 people in the room and they all stood in front of our room and smoked and drank. The rooms have 2 beds only, so not sure how they got away with that many in the room. I had to get up and ask them to be quiet after one in the morning so we could sleep. The shower had no pressure and only a few streams of water that worked. It would shift from hot to cold and never hold an even temperature. The parking lot is small and hard to get in and out of, plus it was a first come first serve so if it was full, you had to park around behind the motel in the grass. We had a group there and someone just walked right in to our friends room while they were getting ready and they had half of a security lock on their door. I was not comfortable here at all because day or night our room was surrounded with lots of people smoking and drinking, the locks were a problem so it was hard to feel safe. There was a huge gap under our door, so lots of flies came in that way. Overall, not a good experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This motel is terrible. My family always go to hotel and motel but this motel is so terrible. they throw the receipt on us. They scream , we stay in the room for about 10 mins and we wanted our refund back so they did but they took 40 dollars away , charge us for cleaning . nobody even use the bathroom and even sit on the bed. They made alot of excuses and called the police on us. i don't recommend this motel to nobody.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RussosMotel, Manager at Russo's Motel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
When you and your adult relative came into our office, we explained to you that we only had one room available and it had two FULL SIZED beds. You translated what I had said and the man agreed and paid for the room. Your family went into the room and stayed for about 30 minutes, at which time the two of you came back to the office and said you wanted a refund because the room was too small. I informed you of our no refund policy and showed you the sign. After calling the owner, he agreed to refund your money, minus a $40.00 cleaning fee. The bathroom had been used and both of the beds had been sat/laid on. So we would have to pay our housekeeper to go back into the room to reclean. The adult handed me his card and I gave him a refund. I laid his card on the counter, which he took back. When I tried to hand him his receipt for the refund, he refused to take it, so I placed it on the counter where the wind from the ceiling fan blew it off. All of this took place while the 2 of you were screaming and yelling in the office. After the refund I asked you to leave the property and you refused. THAT is when I had no choice but to call the police. I think that the language barrier might have played a part in this whole situation and I am sorry that your family left unhappy. The $40.00 cleaning fee is our policy when a situation occurs. You wouldn't want to go into a room someone had been in before you, and no one cleaned up after them, would you?
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My Husband and I have stayed at Russo's hotel twice now, and each time we have been so excited about staying. The rooms are perfect, and view is great, and its just a walk down the rd to the beach. I am looking at coming back some time soon, We absolutely LOVE staying at the Russo's Motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RussosMotel, Manager at Russo's Motel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Carolina Beach!

Tammy Rackley
Manager
Haw River, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

fleas in the room and the management did not seem concerned about situation and refused to give a refund they offered another room but fleas can travel from room to room

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
RussosMotel, Manager at Russo's Motel, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
We are sorry that you weren't happy with your room. However, I don't know how you can say we (the management) weren't worried about it. We immediately went up to the room to inspect it. We offered to upgrade you to a new room, which you refused. There is a sign in our office where you checked in stating that there are No Refunds. After our inspection of the room, we found only 1 flea in the whole room and that was on the bed you had already turned down and sat on. You told us you had pets at home, so it is likely that the "fleas" you saw were on you when you came into the room. We tried to correct the problem and we are sorry you had to leave. Thank you. Darrell & Tammy Rackley, Managers.
Bessemer City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

had a great time, was there for a beach wedding. and was there in july. this is a Family Friendly place, has been remodeled too. the manager's Darrell and Tammy are so helpful and the nices people you would ever want to meet ! will come back time after time !!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed for a couple of nights in July and was not impressed. The room had a stale cigarette smell, the carpet was sticky and the lounge chair grimy. We also had a cockroach in the room. The lock and framework to the door of the room has been broken at some point and made you feel slightly unsafe as it was not securely locked. On a positive note, the location is great, being central to the beach, the boardwalk, restaurants and bars. You did not need to drive once you checked in. The staff were friendly, but the place could do with a serious make-over. Probably quite expensive for what you get.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Carolina Beach, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

My family and I stayed @ Russo's and we were fully satisfied with our extended stay there. Managers, Mike and Jean were excellent and provided such a good atmosphere for our family to stay and feel welcome. The room was Pristine! Before trying there I'd went to a few other places on the island checking rates and what not. Just entering the room and my decision was made. The room didn't have that musty, beachy smell like many other places around here tend to, instead, It smelled...clean! The room was spacious enough with nice, clean furniture (two comfy lounge chairs, Kitchenette table w/ chairs) The beds were queen size and VERY comfortable. I was also impressed with each room having a nautical themed painting on the wall . It added a bit of flair to the cozy room. Everything down to the toilet paper was above my expectations! I will always recommend this place to friends and family before anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Russo's Motel? Share your experiences!