“An unexpected delight” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“An unexpected delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

At Havanna's we experienced friendly, efficient service, good food and a pleasant, beachy atmospshere. Although the lighting was a bit harsh, their employees were willing to adjust it to our liking.

Visited October 2012

Rockwood, Canada
“Good Food Ah !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I were down here on business/pleasure and loved the island feel in Carolina Beach. We had a great meal at Havana's and the salmon and horseradish tuna were both excellent. Make sure you try the banana dessert (Awesome). Will venture down here from the Great White North again. Awesome feel down here and check out the Dive and the Fat Pelican for drinks after a great dinner at Havana's.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kure Beach, North Carolina
“Havana's Rehearsal Dinner for 50”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We hosted our son's rehearsal dinner at Havana's. The food was outstanding and so was the service! I highly recommend the NY strip, the lobster seafood bake, and BT chicken! Everyone raved about the food and the staff! Thank you to Michael, Mandy and the chef (Charlie, I think) for great planning and preparation and to the servers for an awesome job!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kure Beach, North Carolina
“I can't wait to go back and try more.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I first tried the Wrightsville location and that had me in a yank to get to the Carolina Beach location as it is closer to my home. I stopped one night for take out. I ordered the cobb salad and the mussels. They have a great price on their mussels there. They give you a great amount and the broth they are prepared in is very flavorful. The cobb was very good also. For the price, I think they could offer homemade dressings. The ranch was obviously a store quality one with the aftertaste to boot. Why would you want to dress such a lovely salad with mediorcre dressing is beyond me.
I loved the guy who was waiting on me. Very talkative friendly staff. That's what will get me back there.
The only thing lacking here is the parking, which in the summer months might be a problem in Carolina Beach. They don't have a dedicated parking lot for customers that I know of.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Coxsackie, New York
“I give Havana's a C+”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Lighting was very dark, tables were so close together that the waitresses had to squeeze in between them. Menu was interesting and different which was a thrill for a foodie like me. Unfortunately, the food was all bland. Cooked well although not exactly hot when it reached the table but otherwise just a little bland. I had the Horseradish Tuna with a ginger soy & wasabi aioli that was really good and helped to add much needed flavor to the fish. My mother seemed to enjoy the orzo and my daughter liked her sliders although, did not ask for a to-go box when she couldn't finish which is usually a sign that she's not overly impressed. The price was steep considering that even a dinner salad was an add-on. We've been to several other restaurants in the Carolina Beach area that still offer the salad as a starter automatically. The bread basket was even unimpressive, plain boring bread, not served hot but the butter was cold and rock hard. One definite bonus was that our server was perfect. Friendly, articulate, attentive but unobtrusive. Overall, not a horrible experience but just not really worth the money.

• Visited August 2012