“The Place for Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The Place for Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

It's either Kate's or McDonalds for breakfast in Carolina Beach, so the place was hopping on a Sunday morning. After a 15 minute wait, we were seated in the middle of this bustling small restaurant. We both had omelets that showed some creativity in the ingredients, but could have been better prepared. They were very flat and dried out. A good cook knows that air must be added to the eggs to create a fluffier omelet; thus you cannot mass produce the egg mix ahead of time.

The server could not get our sides right, so we ended up with extras. A small thing, but both of our original sides were wrong.

it ws just o.k.

Medina Ohio
“Good breakfast and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

We had a menu in our condo for Kate's so we figured we would give them a try. Our visit did not start out that great as after we were seated we sat and watched a couple tables that came in after we did have their drink orders taken before ours. it took about 5 minutes for anyone to get a drink order, but after that initial problem their service was wonderful.

They are primary a pancake & waffle house so it's pretty much as expected. It wasn't the best breakfast I have ever had, but it was good and at an average price...We pretty much know you are going to pay more at a restaurant that is in a beach town..

We would go back

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Trinity, North Carolina
“Rude waitstaff, cold tasteless food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

by the way things looked from the outside you might think this place has it going on... the parking lot was packed and even long lines outside for a table. Once inside and at a table its completely different. Rude waitress we had. was such a problem to ask for my food to be prepared as ordered. The food was cold, and not good tasting. The dining room was packed and as I watched other waitstaff I soon realized that they all must be rude by way of their eyes rolling. I felt rushed to order my meal and to ask for anything was a problem.
The money we paid was seriously not worth it the food was gross and the poor service made it worse. No tip for the waitress and as I was leaving if I were 17 again I would have dined and dashed to save $48.17.As I paid the bill I told ppl waiting they still have time to reconsider their breakfast choice and leave.
If you are going to be a business owner in a tourist location you seriously need a better attitude then this... roll your eyes at me, I would have loved to have dropped kicked her [--] to the street

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Marion
“The food was good. But the service not so much.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

The food was pretty good and prices are not so bad. But we ordered a Orange Juice and got a coke instead. The orange juice was put on the ticket which was $2.50, at check out we told the cashier that we never got the juice and she said she'd take it off and then "accidentally" forgot to take it off. When confronted she was some what snappy and just gave us back $2.00..Therefore we ended up paying .50 cents for a juice we never got..Small things like that can ruin a restaurant experience..

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good choice for breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010 via mobile

Good choice for breakfast.

• 4 of 5 stars Food