“Good place for pancakes” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Asheboro, North Carolina
“Good place for pancakes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We tried this pancake house one morning and enjoyed the omelet and small stack of pancakes--homemade and delicious. Food was average breakfast fare--might have been warm when walking to the table to serve it but cooled fairly quickly--rate it average because more effort could be made to serve food hot. It was a little more pricey than Granny's.

Visited September 2013

Poughkeepsie, NY
“Lots to choose from”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We enjoyed our Breakfast at Kate's. It was busy on a Thursday morning around 9am. Service was friendly and prompt and attentive. The menu was varied, lots of items to choose from. I had the pumpkin bread french toast and it was really yummy. My husband had a combo with french toast, pancake and half of a belgian waffle. The waffle was the best of the three but the pumpkin bread french toast was the star of the meal. We also shared a loaded home fries which we enjoyed.

We would return on a future visit and I would not hesitate to recommend it for breakfast.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Local breakfast joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a great place to get anything breakfast. they have gluten free and vegan selections (haven't tried though). They are constantly busy during season but the tables turn fast.

Visited July 2013
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Only one visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am a local resident and have only eat at Kate's once. I was not impressed with the food at all. I prefer going a little further down the road to Granny's but your taste may differ from mine and you will enjoy Kate's

Visited November 2012
“Good breakfast place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have a family beach house in Carolina Beach so we visit this area often. We have had breakfast at Kate's a few times. On a recent visit, I had the pumpkin bread french toast and it was so good I wanted to go home and try to make it myself. They have a "healthy corner" on the menu that includes all kinds of health options which I am usually into although I like to treat myself on vacation (hence the decadent french toast). Lots of omelets, pancakes, toasts, waffles, etc. Service is quick and friendly. Husband got an omelet he said was good and kids got pancakes and eggs that looked good. Not overly crowded but I'm sure at peak season, its a zoo. We will be back.

• Visited September 2013