“Best place for a very fast, tasty, breakfast with a large menu” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
dannyb33
“Best place for a very fast, tasty, breakfast with a large menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Go here every year for breakfast when staying at the Courtyard. the food comes very fast and is very good at an even better price.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“eh......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Typical heard em in feed em fast and get em out type of place. Had the waffle, eh. I've had much better for much less money. Wife had standard eggs, bacon and grits. All of which were not very good. Hardly any actual meat on the bacon, mostly fat. Grits were the lumpiest I've ever seen, and I'm from the south and know grits....

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh
“Overpriced not good food not good service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Boy! Where to start?!? Ok, first off breakfast is $10/person including drink, I consider that high, but, if the food is really good then fair. Saw a review that said this place had good pancakes, only if you think dry, gritty pancakes are good, they were gross. I had 2 simple requests, 1) put tomato on my omlet 2) serve my milk with my food, I don't want it sitting there for 15 minutes while the food is cooked. I didn't want any potatoes, so, the waitress suggested that she write it up as tomatoes on the side so I don't get charged. I told her that I didn't care how it was written I just want tomato on my omlet. Food came, there were 3 slices of tomato next to my omlet. I sent it back stating that I wanted the tomato in the omlet. So, they diced the tomato and stuck it in the fold of the omlet. Then I sat and waited another 5+ minutes for my toast and milk, now my omlet is almost as cold as my milk. When they asked how it was I said the pancakes were nasty, my omlet wasn't made right, and I had to wait longer for the rest of my order. She said, "Oh" and walked away. I guess it's what do you expect from a bunch of teenagers, I don't think I saw 1 person over twenty working in the place. Very typical of restaurants in the area. They are on the beach, so they can charge up the rear and serve what comes out of it.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“The Sweet Potato Pancakes out of the this world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

In and out...there was a lot of people waiting to get into Kate's Pancake House, however don't let that fool you. They get people in and out for breakfast and a very delicious breakfast I might add. Even if pancakes are not your favorite...Kate will change your mind. Order the Sweet Potato Pancakes...very yummy and not heavy. Also, the staff were very friendly...you could tell it's a fun place to work.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“FANTASTIC!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Kates pancakes house is great! I oredered the carribean pleasure pancakes, which were amazing i might add. My husband got the spanish omlet which was like a fiesta in your mouth. My two little girls absolutely loved their silver dolar pancakes. They ate ever last bit of them. Our waitress was very friendly as were all the other waitresses. They all worked as a team which i admired very much. The owner was so sweet and inviting i will deffinately be returning next year when my family and I visit. Thanks agian Kate!!

Visited August 2011