Thank goodness my German Shepherd was traveling with me or otherwise I would have been afraid to stay there. In fact, I placed her bed directly in front of the door (which half locked) and made her sleep in front of the door.
Where to begin????? How about the sign in the solvent-smelling entry-way that states the Mermaid Manor is not a party house, no drugs, and no refunds??? The missing DNA, long-term residents that hang out shirtless on the porch drinking beer…..
Here are the facts:
1. The shower had no shower curtain. That didn't matter, however, because the shower was so filthy with mildew, broken tile, and damaged faucets that I would not go near it....
2. The toilet was nasty!!!!
3. The bathroom was located in between the bedroom and living room. The bathroom did not have a sink-- that was located in the bedroom.
4. The living room was furnished with outside lawn furniture.
5. There were two radiator heaters which made me fear for my life as I thought they would overheat.
6. The kitchen area was furnished with “Goodwill” type utensils, plates, and glasses. Just a random assortment of cartoon character and holiday glasses and plates…. The utensils were not clean nor was there a proper storage location—just dirty junk forks and knives stored in a “Care Bears” glass.
Really, the entire room looked as though it had been furnished from rummage sales and the Goodwill. I honestly cannot think of one positive thing to write or a worse place to stay. I laugh about it now but I was not laughing during my stay; I was just hoping to leave without bedbugs or scabies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean front, pet-friendly motel. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mermaid Manor Hotel Carolina Beach
- Mermaid Manor Carolina Beach