“Best last week of summer ever!!” 5 of 5 stars

Drifters Reef Motel
701 N Lake Park Blvd, Carolina Beach, NC 28428   |
Ranked #11 of 17 hotels in Carolina Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best last week of summer ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I booked a pet friendly room for me and my 2 girls (age 10 and 6)! We had the BEST time at this hotel!! First the pet friendly rooms are tiled so when we walked in it was spotless! The bedspreads you can tell get washed after every guest which I loved as well!! We headed to their "Salt water" pool and relaxed.... it is close to the road, so you do hear some traffic until you let your mind go while on vacation. The staff was very friendly to me, my daughters and my dog! I would suggest bringing some hangers while staying here though, there is no towel racks or little hooks to hang wet towels/swimming suits in room. The Lazy Pirate restaurant next door has some of the best food and on Tuesdays kids eat free! If you are looking for a comfortable affordable clean place to stay, this is your place. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel with room service and beach view this isnt your place. This is a family owned and operated hotel that I will be bringing my family back too!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Arrived 8/4 and checked out 8/6. Travelling with our 8 mo old puppy. Front desk staff was very friendly and the lobby was clean but could have used some updating. The room was a non-smoking, 2 full size beds, small frig, TV and basic bath. The floors are ceramic which was nice and the place smelled very clean upon our entering. I always travel with room deotorizers (its my little quirk). Removed the bed cover as I do not believe most hotels clean from one guest to another. The shower was clean but stained. There is a pool on property which was clean and some nice seating. There is also a nice area in which you can walk your dog. Since we knew we would not be spending a lot of time in the room this place was just fine. If you travel with children FYI there is no kitchen which means no place to really make sandwiches. There is a bar/restaurant beside the motel which can be a bit loud at night but we were so tired it did not keep us up. We would probably stay here again as we just needed a place to sleep at night.

Room Tip: Stayed on 1st floor which was nice since had a dog. Stay away from the bar/restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wade, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Been to lots of motels in this condition but for this price they were right on the beach. It was at least 6 blocks from the neach. The front desk lady was rude and in a terrible mood, and I went to the front desk 3 times on 3 separate days and she was rude every time. The door knob on the exterior door was an interior door knob with NO dead bolt and a flimsy chain. No security at all. The two interior doors had holes punched and kicked in them. The bedding had cigarette holes in them and the room was non-smoking yet smelled like smoke. It was a deluxe suite that slept 6 yet had two full beds and a gross pull out couch. Two adults of normal size do not fit on full size beds. They also gave us 3 towels, total. Never anywhere to park because of the bar next door. Terrible stay, terrible hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Vacaville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to Carolina Beach for a few days of vacation and were looking for a place we could bring our 75lb dog. This place was basic, but clean and within walking distance to all the local attractions. It isn't 5- star, but the prices are very reasonable and we were happy overall!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
fdth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Good value for the money. Nice rooms. Clean. Very convienent if you don't have to be on the ocean front. I would not recommend it as a family vacation spot unless you are ready to explain what the noise is coming from the adjacent rooms almost every night to the kids. Have yet to get a good night sleep there. If it's not that it's the drunks coming back from the motel bar on the weekends fussing and fighting all night. Parking is terrible on the weekend because the bar and motel share the same lot. Also be aware that the parking lot floods in the back center during rain storms. No problem. Just need to know ahead of time so you can park near the edges of the lot. You'll have to walk barefoot through 5 inches of water if you park near the center or bring your wading boots. I stay there for the cheap price but didn't my last trip and probably won't my coming trip unless I can't find something else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at Drifter's Reef last weekend and we had a great time! We were able to walk to the beach and the boardwalk. The hotel has a pool on site that was a blast and the restaurant next door, The Lazy Pirate, was fun to eat at at night. The room was clean and all we needed for a weekend stay, with a small fridge and ice cold AC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Albemarle, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My family and I have been visiting Carolina Beach for 20 plus years and have always stayed here. Rooms are nice. The Bar and Grill next door is Great to have. Service always excellent. I will continue to stay here and will continue to recommend it to anyone. You can walk anywhere on the CB from here and paying for parking is out! I LOVE THIS PLACE!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Drifters Reef Motel? Share your experiences!