“UGH!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 17 hotels in Carolina Beach
Statesville West, North Carolina, United States
“UGH!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Man with reservations was very rude! Called to verify reservation and he couldn't even find it! So I told him I guess there was no need to cancel since they didn't even reserve my room. Then he proceeded to yell in my ear about how he was going to charge me a cancellation fee! Really? Wow! I was going to reschedule my reservation with them but quickly changed my mind with the lack of professionalism I encountered over the phone. Strongly advise not to stay here unless you enjoy rudeness and ignorance!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
VIRGINIA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This place has tried hard and it shows but the clientele is not great and the bar is a magnet for noise and disruptions. The police were here at least twice each night. Management tried to be accommodating but only to a point. If you have a pet, this is your only option unless you rent a cabin.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

Staff is always is very helpful. We have stayed on several different occasions. Off season the prices can't be beat. We normally only get to travel of season and only had one problem the TV didn't work as soon as the clerk was notified we were moved. The staff take pride in their jobs and in their customer service.

• Stayed April 2012
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend and had a great time. The staff was friendly, the food at the Lazy Pirate, the on site sports bar, was fantastic and the location is perfect, easy walking to distance to any thing you might want to do at CB! We will be back

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Newton Grove, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

This is a great motel for the general traveler. the management was great and very attentive. The room we rented was clean and very comfortable. This is a really great barging for your buck. We have stayed before and we were not disappointed during this trip. Will stay again!!!1

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011 via mobile

The bed is broken the carpet is stained! The towels are worn out with holes through them! Planned on staying the weekend at Carolina beach, will leave as soon as check out since I got in after 8pm! I am headed to another motel tomorrow night!!!

• Stayed November 2011
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Hello my fellow vacationers and fun seekers, I plead with you to NEVER stay at this motel. We stayed mon and tues Oct 10 & 11. The first night was ok. The first room we were in was acceptable for the price. I noticed we only had one towel and no shower curtain, so like a reasonable guest I called to office to ask for the items. I was told to come get towels and then the guy said we could change rooms. We changed rooms and the room we switched to was not as nice. the remote didnt work, the tv was much smaller,and there was no phone. That night at about 12 am my 3 yr old woke up in pain screaming and scraching in agony. We pulled the covers off to see that his entire left side was COVERED in big red bites. I called the office furious and the manager came down, they checked the bed and found a spider, she killed it and moved us back to the original room. we put ointment on his bites and went to sleep. In the morning my son had more bites. My husband was also bitten. When confronted with a refund the manager said there was nothing she could do and offered a discount of 10 dollars for another nite. We refused and deceided to wait for the owner who we were then told was out of town. With no resolution and NONE whatsoever empathy we left. I BEG YOU PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!! My son is still suffering from the bites and we now owe a doctor bill b/c of it. I will go to the most extreme lengths to find closure and at the very least a sincere apology.I am not usually a complainer and tried to be as polite and understanding as possible but in this case this place completely RUINED our vacation. I work hard for my money and havent had a vacation in 2 yrs. I chose this place to have a good time with my family and instead got the vacation from HELL> VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Drifters Reef Motel? Share your experiences!