“So so” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Canton
Westfield, Indiana
“So so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The place is clean and the people helpful but the it's the small things, like my faucet moves and The tube of lotion was not unopened ( disgusting ). I've stayed here several times but I do believe this will be my last.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were on a trip and heard that Hurricane Sandy was going to give NC some bad weather and decided to head home. Started looking for hotels and around Asheville they were over the top in price; decided to look as we traveled I-40 and found one at $200.00 a night, drove on, found another at $99.00 but no non-smoking left and we went on and stopped at the Comfort Inn in Canton; they had a non-smoking room for $134.00 and we took it. Small hotel, two floors, no elevator, but we took a room on first floor. As we entered the back of the hotel the smell of smoke was thick and it was like that in our non-smoking room. I turned on the fan and that helped to clear out some of the smoke. Room was not very big and needs to be updated.The bathroom was really small but had what we needed for one night. The breakfast could have been a lot better but was OK to get us started. I would not say that I would never stay there again, but I do think that it was over priced and smoking rooms need to be moved away from non-smoking. I would recommend that you try to find a better place, however, if like us, it is dark and you are tired, this will do for a night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Canton hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stopped to use the internet because I'm an online college student/owner operator truck driver. I ask to just use the internet and how much he would charge. He said $80.00 and I had to rent a room. I asked to just sit in the lobby and would pay and he still no, "you have to rent a room." He also has a hedge and grassy area that boarders the truck stop and it is only a couple feet wide, and he only weedeats his side. How cheap is that? Our church does mission trips at Chritsmas time in this area and will not stay here. Cheap, Cheap, Cheap motel owner.

• Stayed October 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of Comfort Inns. This one in Canton was easily the best in recent memory. From check in to check out, the staff was kind and professional--you sensed that they took pride in what they were about. The room and physical plant were well maintained, up,to date and spotless, even sporting some creative decorative touches. I wish more motels at this reasonable price point provided such a good experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

After driving 350 miles I stopped at this hotel because Choice Hotels have a good reputation. After this experience I'm shredding my Choice Privilege points and never staying at a Choice hotel again.

The desk clerk was very polite and accommodating to the man checking in ahead of me. When I stepped up his attitude changed 180 degrees. He quoted me a price of $119 and when I said, "Whoa" (Canton, NC is not exactly New York City), he curtly said, "If you don't like it you can go back home." I said I had just driven 350 miles and his answer was, "Well, there are hotels on the way." I don't know if it's because I'm a woman or was wearing a Navy hat but it was like a completely different person between me and the man he checked in just ahead of me. Worse, Choice Hotels' corporate customer service department was not very receptive to the complaint I filed, insisting I was complaining about the rate instead of the rudeness of the desk clerk.

Fear not, Choice, I *will* go somewhere else from here on out.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Apex, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

At check in, the man at the counter was very rude and short tempered. Guests should never be treated that way. Very disappointed in how he was acting.

The hallway to the room had a faint smell of urine, but the room smelled okay. The room had wear and tear (there was literally a tear in one of the bed's sheets) and was nothing fancy at all. The bathroom set up was horrible. It was so squished that only 1 person could be in there at one time - not ideal at all for a family.

The breakfast was available until 10, which was nice to be able to sleep in a little bit. Biscuits & gravy, eggs (patties & hardboiled), muffins, toast, bagels, mini donuts, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, and oatmeal were available.

I would not stay here again unless I had to. I also would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know. From the reviews, it might be the best hotel in Canton, but I would stay in another town if this is the best hotel in Canton.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We relocated to NC but needed a place to stay for 4 days. We showed up 4th of July week and everything was booked but they were kind enough to give us a great rate on a suite (me, wife and 3 kids). The level of professionalism from Gagan and his mom (family operated) was amazing. The hotel was the cleanest one we stayed in during our 3 week adventure (Florida to NC to Chicago back to NC). What impressed me the most was how family friendly they were. The pool was great for the kids and the staff even better

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!