“Candler, NC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Asheville West

You added Days Inn Asheville West to your Saves list
Days Inn Asheville West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2551 Smoky Park Highway, I-40, Exit 37, Candler, NC 28715   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Candler
Burkesville, Kentucky
“Candler, NC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Excellent customer service!!! 4 stars for that catagory. I was a little disappointed on the cleanlines of our room however. It looked as though that the carpet had not bee vacuumed at all. The facility itself was in need of updating. The breakfast was very tasty. I love gravy and it's hard to find gravy that actually has meat in it. This did and I loved it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Days Inn Asheville West and I am happy to know you had an overall good experience with us. I am pleased to know you enjoyed our breakfast biscuits and sausage gravy and thank you for appreciating our excellent customer service. I am sorry the room was not completely satisfactory and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope you will stay with us again and we will do our best to make sure your next stay with us will be a great experience. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Kissimmee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Check in was easy my reservation was just as I had asked. Front desk welcomed with open arms and very pleasant check out also. Also had a lite dinner! Everything was just pleasant and so enjoyable! We will be back next time we visit!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you into our home at the Days Inn Asheville West. I am very happy to know that everything was pleasant and enjoyable with your stay, especially our free light supper. I am pleased to know you will stay with us the next time you visit Asheville. Till then, best wishes from the friendly staff at the Days Inn Asheville West.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Even though this may be a bit older hotel. It was extremely clean and the staff was so accomodating. It was evident that they continue to take care of it. And keep it in pristine condition. Also evident that the staff cares about this hotel as well. And the added bonus is that they served not only breakfast, but Supper as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your compliments on our clean hotel and our friendly and caring staff. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our free breakfast and supper and thank you for recommending us. We hope to see you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

After using the hotel coffee pot in our room we found a used hypodermic needle in the water reservoir of the coffee maker. The hotel will not do anything to help us. We are 600 miles from home & scared we may have contracted something. The housekeeper, Nancy just keeps telling me how she was stuck with a needle 10 years ago. So, they know they have had a problem for several years and are still putting their guests at risk. I have not been offered any assistance whatsoever, no medical referral & no compensation at all. Bad things happen & if one representative of this hotel had expressed an ounce of concern for what their negligence has caused I would never have written this review.

• Stayed September 2013
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Important to remember that its not just the western end of Ashville, but off the I 40 at Junction 37, because Canton/Candler is about 14 miles from Asheville.
The place looks imposing and was comfortable, roomy, and satisfactory in just about every way. I would have like the pool but its closed for the season (Stayed mid Sept.).
Everything worked, very neat presentation at a good price. Efficient check-in.
Even offers small supper if you like Chilli., included b/fast OK.
BUT, I did not appreciate intrusive knock and entry into room at 9.30am by TV techno - any Hotel knows if you are not checked out that such is a no-no. Without that, I would have given a top rating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Asheville West? Share your experiences!