“Biker Friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Asheville West

You added Days Inn Asheville West to your Saves list
Days Inn Asheville West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2551 Smoky Park Highway, I-40, Exit 37, Candler, NC 28715   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Candler
Ghent,Ky
“Biker Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Staff was exceptional and the complimentary breakfast & dinner were fantastic and unexpected. I would highly recommend this facility and will stay again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
It was a pleasure having you all here last weekend! I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us even though we are located 20 mins from the bike rally in Maggie Valley. I know our rates were significantly lower than other hotels closer to the event and yet we were not too far off. I am glad you were able to experience our outstanding service and that you found our facility to be an unexpected, pleasant surprise. Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you and a lot more bikers for the next rally in September and this one next year or anytime you're riding this way. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

We arrived several hours after check-in and were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff. At the time they were serving a complimentary dinner of sauerkraut, hot dogs, cornbread, and beans. Our room was a spacious king on the bottom floor facing the road, but we never heard a thing inside the room. The bed was firm, but comfortable and we loved their pillows more than our own! All of the linens were very clean--NO bugs. The bathroom was a little worn, but it served it's purpose and felt clean as well. The only problem we had was randomly changing water temperatures at 6:30am on Saturday and Sunday at 8:00am. It was livable, but definitely woke us up! We didn't stay for breakfast since there is a Cracker Barrel and an Ihop at exit 44, but it looked on par with complimentary breakfasts at other similar chains (La Quinta, Comfort Inn, etc). Overall, this was a great stay at just $50/night and we plan on coming back the next time we visit the Biltmore.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Days Inn Asheville West! We are pleased to know you had an enjoyable stay and that you plan to return. We do offer an excellent value and are just a few minutes' drive from the Biltmore Estate. We look forward to seeing you again! Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

This hotel is close to the freeway, (and that's about all) about 10 miles from Downtown Asheville I stayed for 3 nights without problems. Unlike some of the other reviews I had 3 complaints, 1) Unless you unplug your lamp, there is no convenient place at the desk to plug your computer into. 2) the drapes do not completely cover the windows leaving a gap allowing passers to see in directly to the mirror which in turn allows to to see most of the room, I solved this when I was in the room by closing the drape a little into the door giving me some sense of privacy. 3) The carpet is in serious need of cleaning, I would not walk on it without slippers. All 3 of theses can be fixed easily if they want to.
All rooms now come with microwave, coffee pot & small refrigerator. Great view of the mountains from some of the rooms. They also have a courtyard with a grill (not sure if they supply what you need to cook on it also has a picnic table. Breakfast is standard nothing special. They also offer what they call a complimentary southern supper which is either soup or chili, crackers ice tea or water, nothing special but not many places do this and if you are on a budget (especially on vacation with family this can save you a lot of $$. I found the beds to be very OK. The property is older, but overall kept-up The staff was nice very polite & helpful, & Very friendly. The breakfast/supper area is spacious. The outside pool was large, looked good, but closed so I didn't get to use it. The area seems safe. Depending on your needs you can do better unless you get a good rate!! (but you pay more)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Days Inn Asheville West. I am glad to know that you had an overall satisfactory stay with us and sincerely apologize for the 3 shortcomings you stated. I thank you for bringing them to our attention so we can address them asap. I do know the issue with the carpet has already been addressed, because we bought a new carpet shampooer just last week as the old one was just that, getting old. We do take pride in offering clean, comfortable rooms and friendly southern hospitality at a great price and I thank you for your complimentary acknowledgement of our amenities and service. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.
Merrick, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect because when you pull up you only see the office. You then go up a hill to the hotel itself. It was nice to see that there were a lot of people staying there, and I felt safe as a single female with children.

They also call once you get to your room to make sure you are satisfied with the room.

They do offer dinner. That night it was chile and water or sweet tea. Then they have breakfast in the morning. The dining room is large, and you can quickly get your food and get out of there. The rooms are very basic, but again you pay a low price for the room.

I remembered reading the comment about staying in a wing without children, but I didn't see any kids except my two there. That is only mentioned because I thought it might be noisy and full of kids. I never heard any noise outside the room, but if I didn't have young kids, I would request a room upstairs. You could hear people walking around at night in the room above. I turned on the fan because it was easier to listen to the fan for me than the walking.

If you are looking for a budget hotel in a beautiful location, I would stay here. The location is gorgeous. There is also a small gas station right by it which sells quite a bit of wine and has crock pots full of boiled peanuts.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs because you can hear people walking around in the room above at night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Days Inn Asheville West. I am pleased to know you had a satisfactory stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.
Mold
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have never been to a motel where an evening supper(vegetable stew with beef or chilli) was provided before. The staff of this establishment went out of their way to be helpful.

The room was clean and tidy with a good bathroom which could be kept separate with a closing door. This allowed one of you to get up in the morning and use the bathroom without disturbing the other in bed.

Breakfast was very good with coffee, juice, cereal, grits, toast, cakes as well as biscuits and sausage gravy

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and beds have been replaced recently.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and compliments that have made us feel quite special. We are constantly ugrading our property and doing our best to make sure our guests have a good experience with us and the 2 complimentary meals every day is a well-appreciated bonus. We hope to see you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I visit Asheville several times a year for business, and I ALWAYS stay at this Days Inn. Showing a bit of it's age, and it is a bit out of the way, but for business it's perfect for the price. Dinner and breakfast are included. Dinner varies between soup, chili, or spaghetti. They have water and ice tea for the beverage, and the cook always brings me a plate with a couple of cookies for desert.. Breakfast is biscuits, gravy, egg, cereal, oatmeal, breads & a couple of different danishes, coffee, milk & juice. Other restaurants and stores are one exit up, and Carrier Park is less than 10 minutes away (greenway for walking/jogging, volleyball & basketball courts, playgrounds, etc), & Biltmore is less than 15 minutes away.

Room Tip: You have to drive up a hill to the first building from the restaurant. That first building faces th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your loyal patronage of the Days Inn Asheville West and your appreciation of our service. I do have to point out that we are in the process of giving the property a facelift. We worked on the interiors during the winter and now that it has gotten warm enough to plaster/paint, we are starting on the exterior. We hope you see the improvements on your next visit. Thank you for the feedback and please know that your feedback is very valuable to us and assists us in improving our property and service. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

This motel is not luxurious, but it is a decent motel with a free breakfast and allows pets for a $10 fee. The door to our bathroom would not close all the way. And we had to ask for our 4th towel - no big deal. Other than that, it was a fine place to spend the night. Soaps and shampoo provided. Coffee and tea plus fridge in the room. Everything was as clean as any other motel room. The Asheville area is listed somewhere online as one of the 10 most dog-friendly areas in the country, so finding a dog-friendly motel probably would not be dificult. I was looking for a low-cost or free place to bring my two dogs along, and this motel fit the bill.

Breakfast was exceptional by cheap motel standards. The basic donuts and pastries were provided, along with orange and apple juice, milk for cold cereal or oatmeal, hot egg patties, actual biscuits and sausage gravy (which was delicious), toast and fresh fruit. There was plenty for all the guests.

If passing through the area, I would not hesitate to stay here again. I did book through Priceline, saved money, and checked in and out flawlessly. Highly recommend booking ahead if possible, for these reasons.

Room Tip: There are three floors to this motel, so if climbing stairs is an issue, keep that in mind.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. The Days Inn Asheville West takes pleasure in welcoming your pet family members at a small fee. All of our pet rooms are thoroughly deep-cleaned with the addition of flea control and carpet and upholstery shampooing after every pet stay and we have a large exterior area including a large backyard where our pet guests like to take walks and hang out. And for our guests with concerns about pet allergies, all our pet-friendly rooms are designated and will not be assigned to guests who specifically request a non pet room. I am pleased to know that our clean accomodations, discount prices, generous amenities and efficient customer service lived up to your satisfaction and we look forward to hosting you and your furry friends anytime you are in the Asheville area. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West

Been to Days Inn Asheville West? Share your experiences!