“Musical weekend a total success!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fox & Fiddle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Candler
Fox & Fiddle
31 Toms Road, Candler, NC 28715   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Candler B&B and Inns
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Musical weekend a total success!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We booked in at the Fox and Fiddle to be near local friends and have a musical weekend, sort of a combined Thanksgiving and Christmas celebration, and we had a blast! The proprietors, we are genuine music lovers, offered us every kindness and convenience. The place is big, eclectic, comfy, and the daily lighting of the big wood stove makes the ambience just about perfect on chilly days. It's only a few minutes by car from Biltmore and all other Asheville attractions, and the prices will surprise you. There is a guest fridge and it's easy to arrange to take/make your own meals in the large dining room.My advice: stay at the Fox and Fiddle on your next mountain vacation!

Room Tip: All the regular rooms are on the second floor, and are clean, bright and cozy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

First of all, we are sorry that our stay was only limited to one evening! We so enjoyed your space; looking for worn, colored glass in the creek, lying under the stars and watching the fireflies sparkle on the hill above the river, letting mountain air cover us in our sleep ... It was all divine & we do plan on making the retreat to the Fox and Fiddle again. Much love & light!

Room Tip: All good - fyi, no private bathrooms but it worked out great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Katonah, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed at Fox & Fiddle for 11 nights and it was a wonderful experience. The setting was very serene and the hosts, including the kids, were very warm, kind and generous. There was a very sleepy creek at the edge of the property and the land- and sky-scape were beautiful. I've never seen such happy wildlife, the squirrels were absolutely ebullient, so playful, and the birds were singing so gayfully throughout the stay.

The inside of the house had really nice country decor and was very quiet. I also really enjoyed the other guests. The cost was also extremely reasonable. Overall I don't think any other place would have compared. I will surely visit the family when I return to North Carolina. I highly recommend Fox & Fiddle to anyone looking to explore the area or just looking to relax in a tranquil setting.

In gratitude,

Dan

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

After a stressful school year, my four nights at Fox& Fiddle were just what I needed! Fox & Fiddle had the best of a bed and breakfast experience with some unique touches. The hosts, James and Joan are warm and welcoming. The peaceful setting can't be beat and the wrap-around porch is an amazing place to "set a spell". One treat was a night of mountain music on the porch with banjos, guitars, mandolins, harp and singing. I stayed in "Blue Bells of Scotland", a lovely room that seemed to be made for me. The weather was steamy hot but the fan in the room and the cool night air made for incredible sleep. The first night I slept 12 hours! I had no problem with sharing a bathroom. It was very clean and modern and I'm fussy about bathrooms! I'm sure I will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Jackson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Fox and Fiddle made our trip so comfortable and enjoyable! It was a great place to meet up with family and spend some time away from work and school tucked back in a slice of the NC countryside! It's not your traditional B&B, but that's what makes it so welcoming and enchanting. I loved finding my way down to the huge, wrap around porch and just relaxing with a little bit of reading or writing. The breakfasts were filling and tasty, made with a unique flair depending on which family member was hosting--the scones and pancakes were amazing. They also filled the place with homemade music beside the campfire, adding to the richness of our Asheville experience. We were able to enjoy Asheville by day (it's really close) and come back to a cozy place for the night.

Room Tip: Wild Irish Rose has a huge bed and a great view!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

The Fox and Fiddle B&B is a great place for families, couples and out-of-towner's looking for a quiet, picturesque countryside in which to find peace and sanity from the daily grind. The B&B/ farmhouse has a beautiful wrap-around covered porch and is situated beside a stream with a nearby fire pit where you can spend quality time with your loved ones!

If you're lucky, you may be able to listen-in on the musical talents of the host family as they play traditional folk music, irish melodies, and much more! If you want to take a jaunt into Asheville, it's only about 15 minutes away, with access to I-40 to Biltmore and downtown Asheville. I truly recommend the Fox & Fiddle for a quiet get-away with all the amenities! (btw they do not have a spa or pool)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Our stay at the Fox and fiddle was one of our fondest memories of our trip to Asheville. From the welcoming feel of the family, to the bluegrass music on the front porch, oh and did I mention the super yummy fresh breakfast every morning?!?
It was like staying with family, only better. The Inn it's self is beautiful and cozy. We spent many happy hours just sitting on the front porch watching the clouds go by.
I would recommend the Fox and Fiddle to anyone looking for a home away from home!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fox & Fiddle? Share your experiences!