“First and last trip” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
4 attraction reviews
“First and last trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Knowing that my kids love sharks and love to fish, I booked a night shark fishing excursion. I was hoping that we would come back with at least one shark. My hopes did not come true. The trip was truly a nightmare. The water was very rough and choppy, so bad that people sitting on the upper most deck ended up soaking wet from the waves. I feel like the safety of my children, myself, and all others was in jeopardy due to how harsh the waters were. Several people were sea sick, which was evidenced through the deck rails being covered with vomit.
Upon returning from the trip, not one person had caught a shark, and only a handful of sea bass were caught (none of which were of legal size). I believe when you have 32 people on a "shark fishing" trip, at least one shark should be caught.
The only good thing about this trip was the first mate, Brandon. He continually checked to be sure everyone was okay and helped all with their fishing experience.
Overall, I think the trip should have been called off once we hit the ocean, as the waves were too rough to fish in.

“Horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband called about the Dolphin tour and was told to be there at 1:30. We drove from Ocean Isle to Calabash to do this tour. Once we got there, we were informed that there would be no tour. One worker said, very loudly, 'I hope we're not doing the Dolphin tour today, I have to get this boat cleaned for the party tonight'. 3 or 4 people came to ask about the tour and were turned away. Then, a different man told us we could go on a different boat, then he got in his car and left! We were told to contact back for fishing. If we had wanted to fish, we would have done that. My kids were bitterly disappointed. I will never go back!

Visited June 2014
Dayton, OH
10 attraction reviews
“Great boat. Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We took our second 1/2 day trip with Captain Raymond on May 21, 2014. The second was the same as the first. Fun half day of fishing with a superb crew. This time we took our 7 year old with us for his first real boat ride and fishing. He's fished just a couple of times before and he had a great time. I mentioned this to the first mate Brandon who ensured he spent a bit of extra time making sure my son had help if needed it. He had his own rod in the water too searching for shark. When he got a bit he even walked the rod over to my son to let him reel it in. Unfortunately, the shark had bit the line and it came off. Nonetheless, it was a memorable experience for him. We appreciate the proximity of the boat to the ocean and the extreme friendliness of the staff. I will continue to take trips with Captain Raymond each time we come back to the beach. They are the closet boat to the ocean of any in the Myrtle Beach area so the time traveling to the fishing grounds is minimal. I cannot say enough about how helpful and friendly the staff was in everything they did. They made the trip enjoyable for all.

Visited May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great 1/2 day fishing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My family booked with Captain Raymond for a 5 hour trip, the weather was great we enjoyed the 45 minute ride to the fishing grounds my kids had a chance to see dolphins swim under the front of the boat on the ride out. The crew was very helpful and they kept us on the fish all day. We caught fish so fast we couldn't keep our bait in the water. We ended up with a nice stringer of keepers. First mate Brandon cleaned all of our fish when we returned and only asked for fps, there was no charge to clean all those fish. I would highly recommend Captain Raymond's Fishing if you're in or around Myrtle Beach

Visited April 2014
“Alright but I really wanted to keep my fish.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

My son and I enjoyed the scenery but our trip was to catch fish. The fishing rules enforced by law makers really make it a disappointment. Because we caught fish that were less that 13 inches we were not allow to keep any fish. We traveled 9 miles out and you would think that catching fish for dinner would be a breeze.

Visited October 2013