“The best food in Calabash” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Calabash
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Bar scene, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“The best food in Calabash”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We eat at The Boundary House each time we visit the Myrtle Beach area. The year our party on 9 was accommendated well with onl a few hours advance notice. The wait staff is always gracious, but quite busy. Our food was absolutely excellent again. I love the atmosphere. I think the prices are in line with those in other restaurants in Calabash. I will visit this place again and again. The wait time is a little long when it is busy, but you know what they say about things being worth the wait.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“You can't afford to miss this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife made reservations in early April for our visit in July. We arrived with our party of 11 ten minutes before our reservation time. The hostess told us we would be seated in 10 minutes. I didn't believe her, due to the fact that there was such a crowd waiting, people were outside trying to get in! True to form, in EXACTLY 10 minutes, our name was called. I lost that one! Our waiter was fabulous, he was Johnny-on-the-spot for everything! Drinks were served with minimal lapse of time. Orders taken quickly, and accurately. Food delivered piping hot, very aromatic, and delicious!!. I can't tell you how delicious the food was. This place deserves 5 stars, and the waiter deserves 6. Stop here, you definitely won't be disappointed.

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“Boundary House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We visit often, mostly for lunch. Took some friends who had never been. They were impressed. It is a very attractive place with excellent food, service and mid priced. Always an enjoyable experience.

Visited July 2014
toronto, ontario
“Great food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were in the Calabash area for 10 days over the July 4th holiday. We ate at the Boundary House once and we enjoyed it so much that we went back a second time. We had about a 30 minute wait both times, which wasn't bad considering how busy they were. The servers we had both times were excellent. The steak and seafood we had were all very tasty, and we all loved their house salad! It is a must try! We will definitely return to this restaurant again in the future!

Pulaski,VA
“Marvelous in every respect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I vacationed on Ocean Isle and we're celebrating a very special anniversary while there. I checked TripAdvisor (as I always do) and gave him the names of three restaurants within 15 minutes of our Inn. He selected the Boundary House and called for reservations. We were a bit apprehensive when we arrived, it was extremely busy and we thought we would be lucky if our reservations were honored within an hour of the requested 8pm. We were greated with smiles and a genuine welcoming attitude we sat in the foyer waiting area and at 7:59pm we were seated. Our server was at our table in a matter of moments. The manager came over and wished us a happy anniversary, asked if we had dined with them before and when we explained it was our first visit he said "well, welcome home" He returned to our table with champagne. My husband ordered the seafood gumbo that he vows to be better than any he has had in New Orleans, I couldn't resist the fresh honey drizzled buttery croissants. For our entrée he had the broiled scallops with chees, garlic mashed potatoes and hush puppies. I ordered a 12 oz prime rib that was absolutely perfect. Both of us chose the house salad that was outstanding. Hubby had the hot bacon honey mustard dressing (house dressing) and I had the best blue cheese dressing I have ever eaten anywhere in the world and I make really good blue cheese dressing but it was better than mine! We were both so full we didn't even look at the sweets. The service was impeccable, the food was exceptionally wonderful making this anniversary one we can remember always with a smile. We will always visit here when in the area. By the time we were ready to leave I understood the managers comment, I did feel that I had gone back home to friends who were happy to see me. GREAT PLACE, don't middle it if you are in the area.