“Good Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Denver, North Carolina
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Good Food and service, enjoyed and plan to go again when I down that way again! See you on the beach.............................................................................................................................

Visited July 2012

Virginia
“Loved the Hushpuppies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Ate here on a Monday night, and the restaurant was nearly empty--so our service was great. I had a new entree, Cherry stone clams over linguine in a white wine sauce that was excellent. My son had the seafood platter--more than he could eat. We'll try this again.

Visited August 2012
Charlotte
“AWESOME! !!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The food is great and the bartender she is wonderful! It is a must when at the beach and in Calabashes.

Visited August 2012
NC
“EXCELLENT - Perfect for Large Groups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This restaurant is probably the BEST in Calabash, NC. It's modern, clean and has a beautiful view of the water. I was there on August 1, 2012 with a group of about 75 people. The manager and his staff were very attentive to our needs. And despite our large group, it did not take long for us to receive our food. The food was phenominal!! It was seasoned to perfection. I had the flounder and shrimp and asked that my fish be battered in the salt/pepper batter. It wasscrumptious! I cannot say enough about this place. If you are visiting Sunset Beach or Calabash, you need to eat at this place. You won't go wrong! While I was there in Calabash, I ate at several other places and found their food to be bland! They didn't season it. And anyone who knows anything about seafood knows that you have to season it with salt at the very least. I was beginning to think all the restaurants in Calabash underseasoned their food until I found CAPTAIN JOHN'S SEAFOOD HOUSE! They were like a breath of fresh air. So again, I encourage you to stop by and check them out. I PROMISE you WON'T be disappointed!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calabash, NC
“Very nice renovation since 2011 fire; great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We are happy they are open since the awful fire....our seafood platters were served up hot and tasty. Service was efficient and friendly. Good cole slaw and bottomless glasses of iced tea is usual for the south. Very sad that Capt John died the past year....it did affect the staff and they are still sad. All in all, the dining experience was wonderful.