Despite the fact that Hurricane Sandy had washed out the road leading into Buxton, we took the Ferry from Stumpy Point to check-in on Thanksgiving Day. The staff couldn't have been more professional. As soon as we checked in we were provided a tour of the property. Our room was spotless and the view over the Pamlico Sound was awesome.
We ate at the restaurant all four nights of our stay and I would highly recommend the Tuna filet and the prime rib and or steak. You can't go wrong with any of them. The breakfasts were outstanding as well.
We checked out the Monday after Thanksgiving and were concerned the the Ferry traffic would be a problem. The staff provided us with the phone number of a tow-truck driver who would carry your vehicle on a flat bed across the sand for only $25. It was totally worth it and I would have paid more.
One reason we went down was to photograph stars at night. The outer banks are one of the darkest spots on the east coast. Although it was nearly a full moon, the stars were amazing.
We'll definetly be back.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Hotel Buxton
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Hotel
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A casually elegant waterfront boutique hotel on the Pamlico Sound. Accommodations range from soundfront queens to premium kings with private decks, and spa tubs. Amenities include gourmet three course breakfast, fresh baked goods, kayaks, bicycles, pool, home theater, library, 1,700 DVDs, complementary beverages and snacks, beach chairs, beach towels, and high speed internet. Gourmet waterfront fine dining; fresh, organic and local. Weddings and catering. Our goal is to provide the experience of an honored guest in our casually elegant hotel. ... more less