We booked the inn for our wedding weekend which took place on Oct. 20 and I have to say that the weekend completely rocked! All that anyone has talked about was what a great weekend it was. This is the first time in our relationship that Loree and I have had both our families together like this...ever...and it was wonderful. There was something special about waking up the first morning that we there and looking out and seeing my nephew, brother-in-law and best friends brother fishing on the dock together and my sister and her kids kayaking on the sound. But I digress. Let me first start with the help that was provided by both Forrest and Jennifer in planning this wedding over the previous seven months. Anything that we asked was dealt with a quick response and with a "yes, why not". Forrest put together a magnificent menu for the both the wedding rehearsal, cocktail hour and reception dinner. If we asked for it we got it. There were moments where the stress of planning a wedding started to overwhelm us and each time they had a way of deflecting that stress with their calm demeanor and make it work. Case in point: we were coming down to the wire and had not been able to find someone to do a cake for us. We sat down with Forrest and explained our dilemma, our budget and the problems we were having fitting what we wanted into all of this. Forrest simply asked us what it was that we wanted, gave us a few cool suggestions and within a few days accomplished what we had been trying to do for over a month! Need I say more?! The end result was an amazingly beautiful cake and dessert table that everyone raved about. Even the day of the wedding everything was taken completely out of our hands and left to Jennifer and her crew to handle. The end result was a wedding that was in keeping with Loree's vision with a few touches that Jennifer added to make it even better. I can go on and on about the wonderful work that they all do. What we hoped for going in was an event that we would love and remember for the rest of our lives. Instead what we got was an event that everyone involved, from those who stayed with us the whole weekend to those guests that were there just for the day, would remember for the rest of their lives. Everyone on the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. Believe me when I say that they will do whatever they can in their power to be sure that your stay is a pleasurable one. I will finish with this, and it may sound corny. I believe that this place has a little magic hovering over it...at least for us. It was our wedding after all. After a night of partying and having a good time a small group of us were hanging out drinking some beer and wine and talking. Thats when it happened. A meteor shower. We had a meteor shower cap off our wedding night. And as I stood there with my wife and closest friends and family and watched one star after another streak across the sky all I could think was if it could get any better than this...right here...right now. The last person I should mention is Steve, the owner. From day one he kept his word on everything he said. In fact now that I recollect our past conversations I don't recall him ever saying no. For this I am grateful. For a weekend that we will never forget both Loree and I are forever grateful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A casually elegant waterfront boutique hotel on the Pamlico Sound. Accommodations range from soundfront queens to premium kings with private decks, and spa tubs. Amenities include gourmet three course breakfast, fresh baked goods, kayaks, bicycles, pool, home theater, library, 1,700 DVDs, complementary beverages and snacks, beach chairs, beach towels, and high speed internet. Gourmet waterfront fine dining; fresh, organic and local. Weddings and catering. Our goal is to provide the experience of an honored guest in our casually elegant hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your The Inn on Pamlico Sound reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Hotel Buxton
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton