“An amazing wedding weekend:)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn on Pamlico Sound

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Buxton
The Inn on Pamlico Sound
Save Saved
You added The Inn on Pamlico Sound to your Saves list
49684 Highway 12, Buxton, Hatteras Island, NC 27920   |
Special Offer
Summer Date Specials
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Buxton
Newport News, VA
“An amazing wedding weekend:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked the inn for our wedding weekend which took place on Oct. 20 and I have to say that the weekend completely rocked! All that anyone has talked about was what a great weekend it was. This is the first time in our relationship that Loree and I have had both our families together like this...ever...and it was wonderful. There was something special about waking up the first morning that we there and looking out and seeing my nephew, brother-in-law and best friends brother fishing on the dock together and my sister and her kids kayaking on the sound. But I digress. Let me first start with the help that was provided by both Forrest and Jennifer in planning this wedding over the previous seven months. Anything that we asked was dealt with a quick response and with a "yes, why not". Forrest put together a magnificent menu for the both the wedding rehearsal, cocktail hour and reception dinner. If we asked for it we got it. There were moments where the stress of planning a wedding started to overwhelm us and each time they had a way of deflecting that stress with their calm demeanor and make it work. Case in point: we were coming down to the wire and had not been able to find someone to do a cake for us. We sat down with Forrest and explained our dilemma, our budget and the problems we were having fitting what we wanted into all of this. Forrest simply asked us what it was that we wanted, gave us a few cool suggestions and within a few days accomplished what we had been trying to do for over a month! Need I say more?! The end result was an amazingly beautiful cake and dessert table that everyone raved about. Even the day of the wedding everything was taken completely out of our hands and left to Jennifer and her crew to handle. The end result was a wedding that was in keeping with Loree's vision with a few touches that Jennifer added to make it even better. I can go on and on about the wonderful work that they all do. What we hoped for going in was an event that we would love and remember for the rest of our lives. Instead what we got was an event that everyone involved, from those who stayed with us the whole weekend to those guests that were there just for the day, would remember for the rest of their lives. Everyone on the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. Believe me when I say that they will do whatever they can in their power to be sure that your stay is a pleasurable one. I will finish with this, and it may sound corny. I believe that this place has a little magic hovering over it...at least for us. It was our wedding after all. After a night of partying and having a good time a small group of us were hanging out drinking some beer and wine and talking. Thats when it happened. A meteor shower. We had a meteor shower cap off our wedding night. And as I stood there with my wife and closest friends and family and watched one star after another streak across the sky all I could think was if it could get any better than this...right here...right now. The last person I should mention is Steve, the owner. From day one he kept his word on everything he said. In fact now that I recollect our past conversations I don't recall him ever saying no. For this I am grateful. For a weekend that we will never forget both Loree and I are forever grateful.

789 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Wilmore, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was our fourth visit to the Inn in the past six years, and it was just as exceptional as the first three. The Inn owners and staff are always gracious and helpful hosts, and the three-course breakfasts are probably unmatched. We already are thinking about when our fifth visit might be...

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I recently spent several nights at The Inn on Pamlico Sound. From the moment I made the reservation to the day we checked out, we received top-notch service and care. The Inn is absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed taking in the views from our balcony, kayaking in the sound, eating breakfast and dinner at the restaurant (which was delicious!!), and ending the days listening to the live music. Our trip was relaxing and refreshing...everything we were hoping for! We will definitely be back! Misty B.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My now fiancee :-) and I stayed at the Inn for an extended weekend before Hurricane Sandy hit. The staff at the Inn were so accommodating, gracious and helpful throughout our whole stay. We met Steve the day were arrived, he made us feel very welcomed, it was good to meet him.
The location is BEAUTIFUL, we stayed in Camelia and it was clean and very comfortable. Our private balcony looked towards the beautiful gardens on one side and the sound on the other. There is also a dock you can walk down which leads you to spots with chairs to sit and have a drink and look out on the sound.
Both nights we ate at the Cafe - the food including the bread to start the meal was really great, and the drink menu has great choices too. Our waitresses both nights were so accommodating. The second time we had gotten engaged the afternoon before, and we received complimentary glasses of champagne which was a wonderful and thoughtful touch by the staff.
Carrie and Joan were so helpful throughout our staff when we had questions or needed information. When we had to cut our short trip and wanted to leave early in the morning, Carrie offered to have the chef make and pack up breakfast for our drive back - that really impressed us.
I can't say enough, no wonder why The Inn has been rated so high on here - and am looking forward to going back to The Inn again (but maybe not during another Frankenstorm ;-)
Thank you Steve and all your staff for a memorable stay.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The weather was exceptional! We were very ready for a relaxing and calm few days and we did enjoy our time there. Two dinners at the Cafe. My husband found both excellent. Undercooked (pink) chicken (cost of chicken dinner removed from bill) was the lowlight of my second dinner. Breakfasts are filling, well prepared eggs otherwise not particularly inspiring. I thought the breakfast breads would have been prepared in house. Apart from the muffins, I believe all other breads were purchased locally. When I made our reservation, I was asked specifically if I had dietary preferences. Yes, and I mentioned them. Unfortunately, there was no accommodation for the preference. The room (Magnolia) was large, dark, overly decorated, heavy damask curtains and a duvet that was stained and, for lack of a better word, elderly. The furniture was dark, heavy and scraped and chipped giving it an overly worn (worn out) look. Service was very good. My suggestion for the innkeeper is that he try making a round through the breakfast area to greet his guests. Not once did he make the usual "Innkeeper meet and greet". That would be the best time to discuss any concerns the customer has about the room, service etc. In fact, I have never stayed in an Inn at which the Innkeeper does not spend some amount of time with guests for hospitality sake. I have stayed at the Inn before and I will stay again because the benefits outweigh the deficits. The sunset is beautiful over the Sound; sitting on our deck was very relaxing and just being in a quiet and beautiful environment was a treat.

Room Tip: Request corner room (Jasmine side), they are sunny. Lighting is dim (I completely understand the us...
Cardross, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Although the sun tried to hide for most of our stay, the warmth of the staff at 'The Inn' certainly made up for it. We were left with wonderful memories of a most wonderfully charming place, in such wonderfully gorgeous settings with a team that works hard to deliver that 'Personal touch'.

Room Tip: Just ask the Staff when you call, they have nothing to hide . . . . . .its all good.
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Came for dinner on a Friday night as hotel full for a wedding and we had to stay elsewhere. From the moment we walked in we were very well looked after. We were early and our table not ready so we sat in the terrace and looked out over the sound while we had a drink. Nice soundside table as we had requested. Great food - appetisers - salads and fish. Wine was a delight. Dessert outside in the dark was very special - chocolate !

Cant wait to go back !

Room Tip: From a previous visit rooms are very well appointed and the loan video library was a great treat for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn on Pamlico Sound? Share your experiences!