“They Helped Make Our Honeymoon Great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buxton
Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast
You added Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
46223 Old Lighthouse Road, Buxton, Hatteras Island, NC 27920   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Buxton B&B and Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
“They Helped Make Our Honeymoon Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

My wife and I were very pleased by our stay at the Cape Hatteras B&B! Cathy and the staff were very very friendly and made us feel welcome during our four night stay. The room was cool, clean, and comfortable. We also enjoyed reading on the sundeck and playing games in the main room. Breakfast was always filling and delicious, and we ate a variety of different foods during our stay. The beach was less than 500 feet away, and the B&B even provided beach chairs for its guests. The staff cares very much about making each guest as comfortable and happy as possible. We would definitely recommend this B&B to our friends, and hope to come back ourselves next year!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Approachable owner, inn keeper, and staff, everyone did a great job and was very friendly. The breakfasts are great, the advice is very helpful, and the inn is tidy and quaint. It may not be a spa-quality inn/B&B but it's the perfect place to enjoy the local culture, cuisine, and people.

I've stayed there on several occasions and I have recommended it to others traveling in the area who said they also really enjoyed the place. The beach is a very short walk down the road, it's a quiet place with a patio and deck where you can grill out and spend time reading a book if you need a break from the sandy beach.

Kathy is a wonderful person, as are her staff, daughter, and son-in-law. This is definitely the place to stay in Buxton if you're looking for something clean, quaint, quiet, low-key, and local.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

My wife and I are currently at the bed and breakfast and the renovations are unbelievable! We have been staying here for 18 years and have never been disappointed! Rooms have been totally upgraded/quiet AC/comfortable beds/upgraded towels/almost everything is new. Of course,the breakfast that Cathey and her staff prepares is great as usual. Excellence at a fair price.We could not ask for more! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
tanlee97
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

To all: Sorry guys, I agree with one of the writers....room smelled musty, sandpaper towels, we arrived at 7:30 p.m. to find a note on the door of where our room was etc.. The inn-keeper Kathy is YES very nice, but maybe needs to look at some of these comments to BETTER the bed and breakfast. The carpet smells musty, the A/C is loud because it is an in -door A/C. The breakfast was yes good but very very small portions. I was going to ask if my boyfriend could have seconds but I saw one of the hostess counting the portions. I have stayed at B&B before where guests were allowed to serve themselves as much as was needed. To feed a grown 200 lb man 3 inches of a blueberry waffle is not enough and to go out all day on that is not right after having paid a good amount of money to have a nice Breakfast which is one of the reasons people choose Bed and Breakfast. Those of you reading should take notice, because I did read this review and ignored it and was or am VERY VERY disastisfied. Kathy you just need to update and things would be much better. Thanks for reading I hope this helps.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Last_Call_For, Inn Keeper at Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 27, 2010
We do appreciate the feed back from guests. I am sorry that this guest was not satisfied. We have been addressing the guests who let us know about their concerns. For 2010 the linen company has agreed to supply a higher quality of bath towels.
We do let people know our check-in time is 4:00 o’clock and it is not a problem to show late arriving guests around the property. It is a larger property, but someone is always around, so that is why we have notes to meet different guest arrival times. Guests sometimes do not let us know when they are arriving, and the evening is a time to wind down, so we have the door bell and instructions so that no guest is left wondering what the Innkeeper is doing.
We have updated some of the HVAC units so that there are fewer problems with noise and odor from the window units. We also have renovated two more rooms for the coming year. In the past we had lowered rates on older rooms, but we worry we are judged by our less expensive rooms, so we renovated this past spring. We also decided to increase the common areas for guests on the first floor in addition to the great room on the second floor.
We have been serving great breakfasts and accommodating thousands of guests for breakfast every year since 1992. We have always prided ourselves on meeting special dietary needs and providing filling home cooked meals. Since what we plan, may not be right for a guest, we are always happy to whip up something to please them. Serving our guest meals instead of having guests serve themselves just seems nicer to us. We wish you had spoken up.
Thanks again for the feedback,
Cathy, Inn keeper
irwin Pa 15642
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

stayed just one night wish it was more, a bit expensive but worth it, breakfast was excellent will stay again

America the Beautiful
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

I would not consider this a Bed & Breakfast. Arrived at 8 p.m to a note on a door telling us where the key was, Room was on the ground floor, smelled musty. Did not know where to make complaint so we stayed. I used a blanket that was in a closet and I think it had been to the beach and not laundered before being put in closet. Coffee pot in room and could not find coffee, apparently there were packets of instant coffee. Did not stay for breakfast. Our road trip took us from WV to NC, staying in several B&B's. The rest were home like atmospheres, host, snacks and wine awaited us upon arrival (even at 9 p. at one place) and this was the worst and most expensive. Made a really nice get a way, a fiasco... thatsa life........ :>(

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dunkle, Manager at Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 24, 2009
"I am sorry these people were so disappointed.Most B&B's I have had the pleasure of talking with the Innkeepers who have stayed here tell me they have a "set" check-in time mostly 4pm to 7pm and do not have late arrivals. The system used here has been most successful for seventeen years, to allow guests who need to be late (ferry schedules,airport arrivals,etc.)to check-in and for me,the Innkeeper, to be able to have dinner and some rest after a long,busy day. They express their appreciation to me for the late check-in. There is a bell that says "please ring the bell" and rings in my apartment on third floor of premises so any guest may have my attention at any time. Also, there are cookies,snacks and candy available at all times to the guests. The coffee/tea setups in the rooms are not instant coffee,they are Folgers individual pack-real coffee grounds. I provide wine,at request, there are some who do not care for alcoholic drinks. Sorry these people missed our breakfast that is highly regarded. On the form that directed them to their room (with light on so they would not be going into a dark unfamiliar room), tells the incoming guest the time of breakfast and where it is served. Since these guests did not have to attach their names,room or date of reservation it is difficult for us to know where the corrections needed to be. There are comment cards in each room and they could have used the card to inform me of their discomfort.

We Innkeepers try very hard to accommodate all guests with comfort,clean,pleasing accommodations and to ensure a pleasant stay.
Cathy, Innkeeper
Atkinson, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

The inn is a revamped motel - like place. The innkeeper is very nice, but elderly and tries her best to make things nice. Unfortunately, our tired room was shabby, had a outdated bathroom complete with wax build-up on the floor and sandpaper towels. The worst was the horrible cat box smell in the room due to the old carpet and old upolstered furniture. We had pre-paid reservations for two nights and left after one due to the smell! The bed, horrible and the pillows were so flat I had to put a decorative pillow under it to get some support. Also, my husband hates cats and there are two hanging around the one very nice common room so being in there was out too. For more $ I think next time we will stay at the Pamplico Inn...you get what you pay for!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Cape Hatteras Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!