After leaving MD we wanted to hit the NC Outer Banks. Our chosen location was just north of Hatteras in Buxton. This motel is about a block from the entrance to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and recreation area. The good reviews do reflect what we found here. We booked a king bed, which came with a full Refrigerator, smaller than full size but with a real freezer section. I bet the fisher folks love that feature! It was a large room with a good TV and microwave. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and offered sound advice about local places of interest and food options. The pool looked fantastic with plenty of lounge chairs but it was a little windy so we didn't use it. I withheld an excellent due to the sand we tracked around the room, with no throw rugs next to the bed we needed to do a foot shuffle to get our feet clean to get in. We did try to leave the sand at the door but it seemed to follow us in anyway. Great stopover for the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Falcon Motel is located about 1/4 mile off the beach and 1 mile from the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. All of the rooms are ground level and non smoking. There is a fish cleaning table where you can clean your catch. The rooms are clean, comfortable and inexpensive. We also have a swimming pool and picnic area under the live oaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Falcon Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Croatoan Hotel Buxton
- Falcon Hotel Buxton
- Falcon Motel Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton