This motel was the perfect price for what we needed.....LOCATION. The staff is hard-working, kind, and welcoming. However, I will say that the website room photos are nowhere close to representing the room we had. This is obviously a very old establishment (in the process of a room-by-room renovation) and everything in our room was very dated (pre 1970s) including the mattresses. The towels were new and the room was freshly cleaned cosmetically, but there's nothing that can be done about aging walls, doors, etc. If you're a Northerner coming down to the OBX expecting Hilton standards, you will be sorely disappointed. But like most, you will spend most of your time on the beach and little time in your room. Don't complain. Best wishes to the owners/operators of the Croatoan Inn for maintaining a landmark business and retaining the old world feel of the OBX. I'd rather give my patronage to a mom-and-pop motel than see the chains come in and take over. Thanks for meeting our need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Falcon Motel is located about 1/4 mile off the beach and 1 mile from the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. All of the rooms are ground level and non smoking. There is a fish cleaning table where you can clean your catch. The rooms are clean, comfortable and inexpensive. We also have a swimming pool and picnic area under the live oaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Groupon so you can book your Falcon Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Croatoan Hotel Buxton
- Falcon Hotel Buxton
- Falcon Motel Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton