“Same ole same ole” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Same ole same ole”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 NEW

Well. Here we go again. We went to this place religiously when it was Island Perks. Best food. Great service. It was a high spot for our very frequent visits. Bummed when they left. So we were left with this place. First few times were blah. Decent. Then went downhill. Food was sub par with service to match. Went in for what I thought would be the last time and we ordered. Sat and sat and sat. Over an hour. Very few people in, not crowded. .it was slow. So we up and left. That was 2 years ago. Since we stay in Buxton 6-8 times a year and the list is small for restaurants, I have been keeping up with the reviews and seemed like there was a new chef, food was good, service was good. Soooo, let's give it another shot. Walked up to the counter this morning and the girl asked me. Take out or eat in. No contest. The huge screened in porch is second to none. I said great. Yes. I'll be outside. So 30 minutes later. No one. There were less than 10 people in the restaurant. Same ole same ole. I guess the new chef and the great new food the owner has probably busted his butt to put in place is obsolete. The service still sucks. Here's the kicker. While walking out after sitting for 30 minutes. I did order a latte to go FROM THE SAME GIRL WHO SAID HAVE A SEAT AND I WILL BE RIGHT WITH YOU. I got my coffee. Left. And this time. Never to return. I suggest Orange Blossom and Buxton Munch Company. As a business owner myself whose phone is on 27/7 for service and availability its terribly frustrating. We spend thousands of dollars here every year. Those dollars are worked hard for to get and I want good service and good food from those owners. Those who provide that win in my book. And they win in getting my business.

64% Recommend
Annapolis, Maryland
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food quality has been declining for the past few years. The quality of food is only OK, not worth the prices they charge. Not our first option on the island.

New England
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice clean place, lovely waitress, the menu has typical eggs etc breakfasts and several unusual offerings. I had the crab cake Benedict. The crab cakes are house made and it was fantastic. I would give it 5 stars except it could have been warmer.

Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice breakfast nook”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stop by here when we go to the Outer Banks. Food is good and the servers are very friendly. The prices are fair for the size portions they make. They even made us some custom made fried egg sandwiches at our request one morning. Try it out!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
King, North Carolina
“Ehh....ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Had breakfast there. Service was slow but food was average. Nothing special. Grits were very stiff and clumpy.

Visited June 2014