“Wow.” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Wow.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Our trip was taken down a notch when we ate here. The waitresses didn't bring food in time and it was the wrong order! Do not go here. It was totally expensive. The food was pretty good but the service not so much. When we left we saw everyone smoking in the back! Maybe that's why it took so long.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sterling, Virginia, United States
“..constructive criticism never hurt..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We are not complainers in general, really, but think this Grill could do alot better with some small changes. The menu has a full breakfast menu but does not state times when they serve breakfast...so after deciding on breakfast food (of course) was told we were too late. A good idea would be to state the breakfast serving hours. One order was wrong. Ordered a crab cake sandwhich and got a BLT. When the correct order arrived, the other 6 in the party were finished ..eating.. Another order was a corned beef panini with sauerkraut and thousand island. They left off the sauerkraut and thousand island. The cucumber salad was way overdone in vinegar, could hardly eat it. The waitress must have been new and that's ok because everyone has to "learn"...I'm always patient with new employees but she couldn't answer a few simple questions about the menu...like if a sandwhich was served hot or cold.
All in all, it's not the worst place I've been to but it could surely make a few positive changes.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
foodsurfer, General Manager at Shipwreck Grill, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
I appreciate your comment.It just so happens this menu is a rough draft to the new that is getting printed as of now with operation hours posted for each meal.Inside the menu,we offer a lage selection of sandwiches.In the past custumers always asked for just a plain sandwich so with that in mind the beginning selections are for that purpose.Corned beef is one of the sandwiches listed twice.When ordering you either want the sandwich or the panini with saurkrout.Yes the waitress was new and questions like this should have been asked.As far as the cuccumber salad,that tends to be one of those foods that are not for the curious palet.Lots of vinegar and sugar to balance out the tartness.Our elderly locals seem to enjoy this particular dish.Constructive...MAYBE...but to judge Shipwrecks on one visit doesn't declare us to being "Out of wack" but just another restaurant dealing with custumers that like it their way only and new staffers with first day jitters.I'm positive that you will change your mind by visiting again.
Belews Creek nc
“Shipwreck bar and grill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Don't go there! Poor or no service, cold food and grumpy staff. I should have known better when the sign said Staff positions Available.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
foodsurfer, General Manager at Shipwreck Grill, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
You lend very little to respond to.I for one take pride in the waitstaff and my assisting chefs.The head waitress/front manager was on duty showing no problems during that day.The kitchen not only was on top of their game but slow enough to prep for the following day.After doing my closing reports I notice we were very slow that day so service should not have been a problem.As far as "cold food" the kitchen is equipped with a 24"x 96" shelf and 4 brand new heat lamps covering the entire area so food will stay above warm temps. .Our sign does say we are hiring but only for positions not relating to service and kitchen areas.I'm at the restaurant everyday and if you wish to meet with me over your experience,I welcome the visit.Just ask for the chef.
“Enjoyed dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Great shrimp & grits and crab cakes.
Friendly service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cutler, oh
“Lovely supper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Buxton from Ohio, looking for seafood. We found the Shipwreck Grill, normally known for breakfast and lunch, serving dinner as well. I had an excellent jerk salmon and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his seafood dinner. The food was great, however, I must also compliment the friendliness and pleasant personalities of the people working there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere