“Am curious from managers comment on 8/12/12 review” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Illinois
“Am curious from managers comment on 8/12/12 review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I am curious as we are headed to the OBX the week of sept 15th but from Jennifers comment about the 8/12/12 review in what she is saying....Is she stating that because they had a party of 17 or 8 or 10 or however many that would come there to eat that a party of 2 or 4 is not as important? It sounds like she is saying they accomodate all parties but just because they had larger parties that the smaller party of four people were not as important? What difference would it make if you have a party of 2 or 17 it seems to me that 2 or 4 people would be just as important as the large parties. It sounds like that they are saying they have to take care of the larger parties as they are more important because why, they spend more money in larger parties. It seems from reading the review that Jennifer was making excuses that because they had larger parties that the smaller party was unimportant? What makes a difference if it is friday night or not or it is a busy night or not...everyone should be taken care of and given the same respect when being served.

Visited September 2012
Hurricaneh, Owner at Hurricane's, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
I apologize if my response to the August 10th review came across wrong in any way. Every size table is important to us large or small. The table in question that night was actually a 7 top that we accommodated by seating them at two separate booths so that they wouldn't have to wait on a larger table to come open.
I was trying to explain that it was a very busy night for us due to the fact that we usually do not get so many large parties at one time, and we were trying to get to all of our customers in a timely manner. I did not mean to sound as if we were making excuses, i was trying to explain that when we are at full seating capacity and people are waiting for tables, and the kitchen is doing it's best to put food out in a timely manner that sometimes mistakes are made.
We do not want anyone to have a bad experience while dining with us, and try to fix any mishaps or complaints. We hope that you will consider us as one of your dining experiences while you are here on the island. Thank you for your feedback.

Arlington, Virginia
“delish..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

our sunset hottubbing went a tad late and the last thing i wanted to do was cook...after a few calls to see who was still serving they answered the call and said they'd keep the kitchen open for us if we get there quick...plus made some extra recs if we didnt want to hurry. very classy. very appreciated.

we ordered cheeseburger, perfectly cooked to mid-rare and a crabcake my husband called "the real deal" spinach salad was full of the yummy bits and great too.

thanks very much for accomodating us!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“So disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Aftwr reading all the great reviews, we were excited to try it. How disappointing. We waited at our table for 15 minutes and noone came over. Now granted it was crowded, but come on. We then went to the bar and asked for our waitress. After another 8 minutes someone arrived. We placed our order. (there were 4 of us). About half hour later, 2 of the orders came, one person got half their order and I had nothing. She went to check and came back, apologized profusely, and said it would be right out. I asked her in the meantime for a glass of water and lemon. 15 minutes later, still nothing!!! Finally I went up to our waitress and said "just cancel the order. Everyone else is done eatting and this is ridiculous " she proceeded to close her eyes and walk into the kitchen. I then asked another waitress if there was a manager I could speak to. She pointed to OUR waitress and told me get name was HEATHER!!!! At that point I was just done. (still no water or lemons). She came over, apologized, gave me some story about how there was another party if 13, 8, and 7 and another waitress took my burger by mistake. She said she was going to put my burger in a to-go box along with the side of fries we never got and we wouldn't be charged for either. She also took 20% off the bill. Well, she then bought me my burger with NO SIDE of the special hurricane sauce OR pickle. I again pointed this out to her. She bought the sauce and pickle in a box, put it on the table and walked away. It was a horrible experience. The other food was room temperature, the calamari was clearly frozen despite their menu saying it wasn't the "usual frozen calamari but made to order". AND the buffalo wings didn't have any blue cheese or any other type of dipping sauce. NEVER AGAIN!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hurricaneh, Owner at Hurricane's, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
We usually do not comment on negative post, due to the realization that it is impossible to make everyone happy. We do however try our best to make sure that our customers have a great dining experience,and unfortunately some times mistakes happen.

Friday nights are in general the busiest night of the week for us. The Friday night you were here was no exception. We were almost to our full seating capacity, with a party of 17 waiting at the bar to be seated, as well as 4 large groups that had just been seated before your party arrived. Our establishment is small, but we do the best we can to accommodate groups of all sizes with the space we have available.

We do apologize that you feel you had a bad dining experience while at our establishment. Here at Hurricane Heather's all of our dishes are cooked to order and from scratch. We are sorry that a mistake was made, we attempted to remedy the situation as best we could.
Lexington
“Friendly staff, good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Went to Hurricane Heather's after finding it on here. It was very convenient to the hotel we were staying at too. It is definitely a lot nicer inside than it appears from the outside, so don't judge totally on first appearances! I'm rating the value as average, as it was about $60 for an appetizer, two entrees, and a dessert. The spinach and artichoke dip was very good, and came with some good pita wedges for dipping. Our waitress happily got us more pita wedges when we ran out. It wasn't exactly empty in there, but she stopped on several occasions to chat and ask where we were from, etc. overall very friendly. The only complaint I have with the food is that I ordered one of the specials, which was chicken bruschetta served over pasta,and was not informed that it came loaded down with all sorts of toppings such as onions, olives, those types of things, many of which I don't like, and there was so much that it was difficult to pick around it. The homemade blueberry cheesecake was good, although maybe a little thick for my taste.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Knightdale, North Carolina
“Huricanne Heathers Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were attracted by the name "Hurricane Heathers" and it looked inviting so we decided to give this place a try. Since it was our last evening on the island we wanted it to be a memorable one, and that it was. Our server was very friendly, she was actually the one that greeted us at the front door and sat us in a nice comfortable booth. When we entered the establishment it seemed as if we'd have the place to ourselves, but that quickly changed as couples and families filtered in. They were all quickly accomodated. Now, on to the important part, the food! I had the pick 2 and selected fried shrimp and crab cake, balsamic potato salad and of course hush puppies. All were perfectly cooked, juicy, and flavorful. I'm very picky about my potato salad, nothing taste like homemade, so I was hesitant but it sounded diff so i ordered it. I must say it was very good, almost tasted like I would make it. My husband had the fish of the day blackened with coleslaw. Now my husband is not much of a coleslaw person but living here in Eastern Carolina his tastebuds have adapted. When he took the first bite of slaw he started raving about how good it was. It was made differently, it even had a little zucchini mixed in, I must say it was delicous.
This restaurant opened in November 2011, just prior to that Huricane Irene ripped through the island. It seems they are headed for sucess! I wish them the best and look forward to returning on our next obx outing!!! Thanks for the great dining experience Heather!!!

• Visited July 2012