This was our first trip to The Outer Banks. We looked for a place to stay for myself, my husband and our 3 children. I had heard all the motels/hotels there were outdated and kind of "smelly". However, Cape Hatteras Motel was a little of both but it didn't discourage us at all. We had a great stay and the manager/owner of the property was extremely nice and personable. We stayed in a sound side suite which was perfect for our family of 5. We had always vacationed where there was alot to do with children but this trip we wanted something more laid back and not as busy. There was still plenty to do and it was very nice to go to the beach without seeing all the commercialism with high rise hotels. Our children LOVED where we stayed and said they had a great time! We had a great vacation and we will be going back there again! :) If you want "fancy" and shoulder to shoulder people then this is not the place for you. If you want laid back and reserved and quiet then this is place to go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Hatteras Motel is located on the oceanfront in Buxton North Carolina. We are located about a mile down the beach from the famous Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The motel is bordered by the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and the Atlantic Ocean. The motel has a fresh water pool with a hot tub. When conditions are safe, our beach is great for swimming and surfing. It is also one of the best places in the country to surf fish. We are about ten miles from the marinas at Hatteras Inlet. Boats out of Hatteras have the shortest run to the gulf stream north of Florida. There is also a fishing pier five miles north of Cape Hatteras Motel. We offer oceanfront rooms with either one king or two queen beds. We also offer two bedroom suites, complete with full kitchens.These units are complete with linens and dishes. All units have access to free Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs and air conditioning. Whether you are coming to Cape Hatteras to surf or kite board, windsurf or fish, or maybe to just walk our miles of National Seashore beaches; the Cape Hatteras Motel is the place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cape Hatteras Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hotel Buxton
- Cape Hatteras Hotel
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton