This may not be a fair review because we didn't actually stay on the property, but good customer service is a rare thing today and when I experience it, I want to share it. We had reservations for an oceanfront room for two nights here..... taking Flat Stanley on adventures for our granddaughter. When we arrived at approximately 3PM, a storm was brewing. The manager (could be owner too, from other posts I've read here) told us straight up that the rooms on the ocean side could flood and we should consider staying on the sound side instead. He offered to upgrade us to an efficiency if we opted to stay on the sound side and added, if we'd like to stay across the street at the Lighthouse View Motel, he'd call and see if they had oceanfront rooms, which they did. He explained that the Lighthouse View Property is not as vulnerable to storms, since it sits a little further back from the ocean and has dune protection. He stressed that our protection was his priority and as I mentioned, HE called the Lighthouse View Property to make sure they had an oceanfront room before we came over here. We thanked him kindly and told him that we would return at a later date and stay in his motel. Of course it's "off season" so most things are closed, but we knew that before we came. We plan to take the ferry to Ocracoke Island tomorrow if it's running. I'll probably write a separate review for the Lighthouse View Hotel later. We walked over to the Cape Hatteras Motel buildings on the oceanside and can see why they might have issues with extreme high tides. They're trying their best to keep the ocean at bay, but it's creeping in on them. The view from there would be fabulous. I saw rocking chairs on the front porches (decks) which would be perfect to watch and listen to the ocean. We can do that here too of course, just not quite as close, but I can here it roar and crash even with the windows closed. Should make for a great night's sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Hatteras Motel is located on the oceanfront in Buxton North Carolina. We are located about a mile down the beach from the famous Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The motel is bordered by the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and the Atlantic Ocean. The motel has a fresh water pool with a hot tub. When conditions are safe, our beach is great for swimming and surfing. It is also one of the best places in the country to surf fish. We are about ten miles from the marinas at Hatteras Inlet. Boats out of Hatteras have the shortest run to the gulf stream north of Florida. There is also a fishing pier five miles north of Cape Hatteras Motel. We offer oceanfront rooms with either one king or two queen beds. We also offer two bedroom suites, complete with full kitchens.These units are complete with linens and dishes. All units have access to free Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs and air conditioning. Whether you are coming to Cape Hatteras to surf or kite board, windsurf or fish, or maybe to just walk our miles of National Seashore beaches; the Cape Hatteras Motel is the place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Cape Hatteras Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hotel Buxton
- Cape Hatteras Hotel
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton