We stayed at the Cape Hatteras Motel twice (June16-21 & June30-July5), and enjoyed it immensely both times. The first stay was in a townhouse unit, the second in 2 rooms with 2 queen beds each. Both times we loved the location. Yes, the furnishings are simple and dated, but hey - they were clean and worked just fine! The beds in the queens room had new down comforters on them and were very comfy. Appreciated the flat screen TVs with cable - especially the Disney and Nick channels for the kiddos. WiFi was in-and-out, but was handy to have when it did work. The location cannot be beat! Since it's the last hotel in Buxton before an empty stretch of miles of highway/shore to Avon, you have some unbeatable views and it's very uncrowded. Also loved having the connivence of Avon Food Lion being 5 minutes away (especially when we stayed in the townhouse with a full kitchen). One of the best parts also was the Shipwreck Grill across the street. We ate there almost every day. But - back to the hotel. Very, very friendly and helpful staff as well. *Only* critique would be that there was no housekeeping service in the townhouse unit, meaning we had to walk our dirty towels across the street to the office every day when we wanted new ones. Not that big a deal, but would have been nice to have them delivered to our unit. In conclusion, the best thing I can say is that YES we recommend this to friends, and we'll be back next year for sure!
- Also Known As:
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hotel
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hotel Buxton
- Cape Hatteras Hotel
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Hatteras Motel is located on the oceanfront in Buxton North Carolina. We are located about a mile down the beach from the famous Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The motel is bordered by the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and the Atlantic Ocean. The motel has a fresh water pool with a hot tub. When conditions are safe, our beach is great for swimming and surfing. It is also one of the best places in the country to surf fish. We are about ten miles from the marinas at Hatteras Inlet. Boats out of Hatteras have the shortest run to the gulf stream north of Florida. There is also a fishing pier five miles north of Cape Hatteras Motel. We offer oceanfront rooms with either one king or two queen beds. We also offer two bedroom suites, complete with full kitchens.These units are complete with linens and dishes. All units have access to free Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs and air conditioning. Whether you are coming to Cape Hatteras to surf or kite board, windsurf or fish, or maybe to just walk our miles of National Seashore beaches; the Cape Hatteras Motel is the place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Cape Hatteras Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.