We spent 2 nights in a 2nd floor ocean view room and enjoyed our visit. You can't get much closer to the beach than an ocean room here! Room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Plenty of space to hang towels/swim suits up. Buxton is quieter than Nag's Head. You will need a car or take a long walk along a fairly busy road to a restaurant (there is a small breakfast place across the street but we thought it was only fair - nothing special). We liked the chairs on the balcony but the balconies are not private - they are on the deck area that is used like a 'hallway'. BUT there's not a lot of people traffic going by so it's pretty quiet and nearly private. Windows had screens so we could leave the windows open a bit to hear the surf at night. Bathrooms were well kept. We did not use the pool so can't report on that. The surf was rough so you'll need to keep an eye on kids. Really nice place to stay!
- Also Known As:
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hotel
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hotel Buxton
- Cape Hatteras Hotel
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Hatteras Motel is located on the oceanfront in Buxton North Carolina. We are located about a mile down the beach from the famous Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The motel is bordered by the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and the Atlantic Ocean. The motel has a fresh water pool with a hot tub. When conditions are safe, our beach is great for swimming and surfing. It is also one of the best places in the country to surf fish. We are about ten miles from the marinas at Hatteras Inlet. Boats out of Hatteras have the shortest run to the gulf stream north of Florida. There is also a fishing pier five miles north of Cape Hatteras Motel. We offer oceanfront rooms with either one king or two queen beds. We also offer two bedroom suites, complete with full kitchens.These units are complete with linens and dishes. All units have access to free Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs and air conditioning. Whether you are coming to Cape Hatteras to surf or kite board, windsurf or fish, or maybe to just walk our miles of National Seashore beaches; the Cape Hatteras Motel is the place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Fareportal so you can book your Cape Hatteras Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.