I happened upon this hotel during an emergency trip to the OBX. We first checked into a hotel that used to be a Comfort Inn and was ANYTHING except that. It was grimey. So the next morning I contacted the owner of this property assuming that an oceanfront townhouse (2 bed, 2 bath, full living room and full kitchen) would be far more expensive than we were prepared to spend. Shockingly their off-season price was $115 so it was just over $55 for my father and I to split per night. It was very comfortable and the owner was exceptionally kind to us. It was wonderful to have a place directly on the beach so we could sit in a rocker on the balcony and relax after a long day.
The cons: Hurricane Sandy took it's toll on the entire island so there were a few repairs that still needed attention such as the dirt/sand on the windows looking out to the ocean. One of the sliding glass doors must have suffered some type of break to the air pocket between the panes of glass because it was permenantly hazy and the door itself was sticking very bad and the screen was torn badly. BUT... we knew full well of the recent storm and cut them some slack. I spent .89 on a bottle of window cleaner and wiped the windows down. No big deal.
I would stay here again and again.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hotel
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hotel Buxton
- Cape Hatteras Hotel
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hatteras Island, NC - Buxton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Hatteras Motel is located on the oceanfront in Buxton North Carolina. We are located about a mile down the beach from the famous Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The motel is bordered by the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and the Atlantic Ocean. The motel has a fresh water pool with a hot tub. When conditions are safe, our beach is great for swimming and surfing. It is also one of the best places in the country to surf fish. We are about ten miles from the marinas at Hatteras Inlet. Boats out of Hatteras have the shortest run to the gulf stream north of Florida. There is also a fishing pier five miles north of Cape Hatteras Motel. We offer oceanfront rooms with either one king or two queen beds. We also offer two bedroom suites, complete with full kitchens.These units are complete with linens and dishes. All units have access to free Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs and air conditioning. Whether you are coming to Cape Hatteras to surf or kite board, windsurf or fish, or maybe to just walk our miles of National Seashore beaches; the Cape Hatteras Motel is the place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Cape Hatteras Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.