“Best wind surfing/kite surfing in the US” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 8 things to do in Buxton
Activities: Wind-surfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach located along North Carolina's Outer Banks that is recommended for windsurfing.
Mount Airy, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Best wind surfing/kite surfing in the US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

Canadian Hole is between Avon and Buxton, North Carolina, on Hatteras Island. It is a soundside beach with plenty of parking, restrooms, and shower facilities. I heard many describe this place as the best wind surfing spot in the US! There were many people here from Canada - I suppose this is why they call it Canadian Hole? Many times during my vacation, I spotted 50+ kite surfers and wind surfers here. I enjoyed coming here to relax on the soundside beach and watch all the people who are braver than me! This is also a great spot to swim and float in the water, which was nice since the waves on the beach can be quite extreme. There were many families here with young children. You can drive out with a four wheel drive on the beach and set up for the whole day!