“Updated Retro!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carolina Country Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burnsville
Carolina Country Inn
You added Carolina Country Inn to your Saves list
600 W. Main St., Burnsville, NC 28714   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burnsville
Corsicana, Texas, USA
“Updated Retro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Mid-September found me and my husband visiting family in Burnsville, NC. My husband had stayed at this property many years ago and looked it up online. The owner/manager advertised that the property had been updated and we bit.
The room was charming, very clean, and well-appointed with all the comforts of a small motel. Updates included Wifi, an efficient HVAC unit, and a wall-mounted flat-screen TV. Owner/manager, Maureen, was at the ready to make our stay most enjoyable with information about the surrounding community. (There is no continental breakfast, but coffee ready any time of the day.)
We will stay here again when we return for another visit, and recommend others try it, too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Great value, very clean, good location, comfortable bed. Only drawback are small rooms. Owners are extremely helpful - offering excellent sightseeing tips. Would consider returning for future visit. No frills but pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We have tried several times to stay here, but they are so popular, they stay pretty busy. We had planned on a motorcycle ride to Burnsville to eat lunch at The Garden before heading home, but took a chance and called The Inn and they had a cancellation! We were so excited. Loved everything about the room, location and owners. Once we parked our motorcycles we never got back on and we ate at Bootlegs, had a glass of wine on the deck of "Wine and More" and saw "The Lone Ranger" at the old downtown movie theater. All on Main Street. We had a quiet and comfortable sleep in the King bed room #7. I love that all the windows can be opened! Front porch was delightful with all the beautiful flowers and it really felt like home. Keep in mind, this is the way Motels used to be so you need to bring your own hair dryer, and the office has ice and
hot coffee. Thanks, Maureen and Trevor, we hope to stay again real soon.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was really looking forward to staying at this motel after reading the reviews here. We did our 8hr hike and I was freezing from being wet for so long and my feet hurt so bad! We quickly checked in and she advised me to take a long hot shower. We got our room which was #7 and the door sticks a bit. I thought it was locked even though she said it wasn't. I got the key and realized she was right, I needed to use all my body weight to open the door. I got in and immediately went to the shower and let my husband empty the car. He begged me to get out so he could have a turn and I made sure to leave the water running because it took a good 5 minutes to figure out the hot and cold (2 knobs) and for it to heat up. I walked into the room and my husband says "I thought you said this place has a TV?" I stood in the doorway saying that I know I read it and I couldn't find it either....Well DUH these owners are so smart they decided to mount the large tv on the WALL! Novel Idea, none of the Marriott's we stay at do that! My husband laid on the bed and he was sure it was going to be too hard to sleep on...well, wrong! It was great, so great that my husband thinks we need to find out what brand mattress it is so we can get one for OUR BED! We went to dinner on the recommendation of Maureen and she was right, reasonably priced and good food+good service (Bootleg's it was s sports bar about .5 mile up the road not on trip advisor yet). We came back and I went to bed and was asleep before 9pm (really the hike took everything out of us!). We slept until 9am and after a shower I went to start packing the car. Trevor walked up to me and asked if we were going to hike some more (kinda cool, I hadn't met him yet but he knew we were the hikers) and we chatted it up. He was concerned the banging woke us up. Nope, I even had our bathroom window opened, never hear it. He explained they had a water leak and were having a problem finding it and apologized. I told him we needed an EASY hike and he told me where to go on the BRP. Later I had to have Maureen go fetch him so he could make me a map and he was more than happy to do so. Let me also add, Trevor you were right WOW! The view was one of the best around and so long reaching. I am so glad you told us where to go for this hike. Relatively easy hike (though it was kinda wet) and when I read in my guide book "The Blue Ridge Parkway's Crowning Achievement" they weren't kidding! We will most definitely try and make it back and I will tell my friends that it is a great place to stay and priced really reasonably.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of gadgets to plug in and/or like to heat up your hair iron whilst blow drying you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Okay, I'm going to be honest here and make myself look like a snob. Knowing we would be in Burnsville for 1 night and checking the trusty tripadvisor reviews, I knew one thing for certain......I would NOT be staying in a motel. I'm just not a "motel kind of girl". When all other choices in Yancey County were unavailable, I begrudgingly agreed to stop and "look" at the Carolina Country Inn before the obvious choice of driving 45 minutes to Asheville to find something acceptable. But, instead of smugly telling my husband, "I told you so", I began to eat crow. A nice, healthy serving of it. This place is simply adorable. More of a modern, updated cottage experience than motel, I can only echo other reviewers' excellent reviews:
"scrupulously clean.." "impeccably clean.." "extremely clean and well kept..." "immaculately clean..." "Charming.." "a gem.." "pleasantly surprised..." "lovely in every respect.." Moral of the story? Never judge a book by your pre-conceived notion of how old & run-down it's going to be.

• Stayed June 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

When you drive up you are taken back a few years, to the 60's& 70's. A very quaint, clean and comfortable Motor Inn, with a wonderful couple as hosts, very accommodating, and helpful and the price is right! they have updated many things like flat screen TV, great mattress, free wi-if. recommend highly.
DaveG

Room Tip: Room 11 or 12
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Western NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great little place, clean, and owners have spent considerable time to retain the charm of a 50-60's style motel, while updating the rooms and bathrooms. In typical style, rooms might be considered small by some, but I don't plan on having a party, just sleeping, so all is good. One of the nicer mom and pop style I have stayed in.

Great little mom and pop, reasonable cost, street is quiet. Well landscaped (a true tell of the pride the owner has in the property) I will stay there when in the area again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Carolina Country Inn? Share your experiences!