“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The service was pretty good, the atmosphere pleasant - but the food was great. I had the BBQ chicken pizza, my wife the shrimp and grits - but what stole the show... the kids chicken nuggets. Hand breaded - pan seared, I almost fought my three year old over them.

We were in for Memorial Day weekend and the place was nearly empty at dinner - a surprise considering all of the downtown restaurants were closed on the Sunday we were there. Why I wouldn't drive from miles and miles away, I wouldn't discourage anyone from this nice spot between the highway and main street with nice prices, good service, and great food.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Burnsville, North Carolina, United States
“Good food and people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great lunch restaurant. Nice sandwiches and salads and friendly atmosphere. Great view of the square and shops in downtown.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Non existent service and sickening food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

My mother and I visited in the garden for the second time together in august of 2013. There were only 2 other tables there but obviously they were regulars because even though we were seated first they had gotten drinks and placed an order before we even spoke to a waitress. It took over nearly thirty min before we got to place our order and the other tables we already eating. After another hour of waiting with no drink refills in between we ask to just get our food to go as it was starting to rain and I had my infant daughter with me.

The bill was rather expensive for the two of us. Nearly 40 dollars. And when we arrived home to eat our food we were extremely upset with what we received. I got the black beans and rice with mushrooms. The beans were straight out of the can and bland the rice was crispy it was so undercooked and the mushrooms tasted like they had a pound of salt in them. My food was still edible considering the salt in the mushrooms gave the beans flavor but my mothers food made her sick it was so disgusting. She got shrimp and grits. The entire dish was slightly burnt and so salty it was vomit inducing. The corn was canned and mushy and there were on five salad size shrimp in the entire mess. Wish I had taken a picture because it looked just as bad as it tasted!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“Great off season Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

While visiting Burnsville during the "down season" we found this Fabulous Restaurant. We arrived about 6:30, and were the only customers, so our hostess/waitress told us to sit where we wanted. It was a cold evening and she offered to light the fire place for us too!
Our cocktails were served quick & strong.
We ordered salads that were fresh and the dressing very tasty! My husband ordered the Meat Loaf special which was served with lightly floured & thin onion strips on top. He said it was the best he's had! My husband asked for mashed potatoes instead of what came with the meat loaf and they had no problem switching for him. I ordered the Red Beans & Rice with Andouille Sausage which was very good! We ordered two homemade cheesecake slices to go... YUMMY!!

Our waitress, Sam was very friendly & checked on us often. The Chef fixed me a Cosmo, which was very good!
We did not need a reservation this time of year! The outside garden looks fun, when the weather permits sitting outside. Sam, our waitress, told us they have music during the warmer season. If we are in the Burnsville area again, we WILL go back to "In The Garden" for dinner!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
burnsville, nc
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Driving around burnsville on a monday night & found this cute little spot. Server was friendly and welcoming and built a fire in the fireplace just because we asked. Tried the kale pesto on the polenta, goat cheese, sun dried tomato appetizer and loved it so ordered the pizza with kale pesto and it eas awesome. Just the right amount of feta, sundried tomato, chicken and kale pesto-crust perfect. Mr ordered mt mitchell meat lovers and liked - lots of cheese and homemade sauce. Rounded out with a nice glass of wine. Perfect! Oh and then we had to add the apple crumble. Yum. Great night!