“Best Donuts Around” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 188 Restaurants in Burlington
“Best Donuts Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

No kidding, Paul's donuts are to die for. Far better than those offered by the donut chain operations.

Visited January 2014

Burlington, North Carolina
“Best doughnuts in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Paul's doughnuts are a must! We have been enjoying Paul's Pastry Shop for years, and we never tire of it.

Visited November 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Superb Beyond Words...And What Wonderful, Friendly Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I called this fine Bakery/Pastry shop on the recommendation of my daughter, who is a Burlington resident, looking for a small birthday cake for our weekend trip to the city to celebrate my husband's 60th Birthday with our family. Oh, am I ever glad that I did!! For a mere $10, I was able to purchase, by phone, a scrumptous 6" chocolate on chocolate birthday cake which was so delicious that there are no words to describe it's wonderful texture & taste!! I also ordered some doughnuts and muffins for Sunday morning breakfast and both were simply the best I have ever tasted. The folks at Paul's were ever so kind and helpful when I called them on Thursday for a Saturday am pick up order and made my purchase by VISA so easy for ordering and pick up. I have never been so impressed by a bakery!! I am a lifetime resident of the home of the famous Dewey's Bakery and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts...and neither has anything on Paul's Pastry Shop, believe me!! I will be using Paul's for every birthday, special occassion, and just as a great place to stop in for donuts, muffins & coffee on all of my trips to visit my daughter and granddaughter in Burlington...And...I shall never make a "Tanger Run" without a stop by Paul's for "goodies" to bring home!! Great cakes & pastries and wonderful, friendly service!! Thanks, Pauls!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good donuts but not as good as I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

After reading the reviews, we decided to try the donuts here. They were good but I was expecting more from reading the reviews. The selection was limited. I actually found much better donuts at Jelly Donuts down the road which are as good as krispy Kreme. The apple fritters could not compare to the ones at Jelly Donuts.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jersey City, New Jersey
“The DONUTS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

There are 2 places I have to go to when I return to Burlington. Paul's is one. There are no better donuts anywhere. Once you have one, Krispy Kreme will never be good again.

• Visited December 2012