“Redeemed!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Graham, North Carolina
“Redeemed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

After a lot of cajoling I convinced my husband to give this place one more try. I REALLY wanted to love this place! We are so glad we did. The food was delicious. Best restaurant onion rings I have ever had. The live music was very good and at an enjoyable volume . The service was much better although there is still some room for improvement there. They re not very attentive.
One couple came in while we were there and stood at the door for nearly 10 minutes before they decided to seat themselves. There were long periods before anyone checked back with us for drink refills, steaks cooked to order, etc. But still this was a major improvement over the last time and we did love the place. A good place to have dinner and a couple of drinks. We will definitely be back. Generous portions.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Photo is not Lyrics”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This picture is not a picture of Lyrics. Unsure where that place is, but highly doubt that it is even in Burlington !
But the food we had at Lyrics was really good !

Graham, North Carolina
“Major Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I went to this place with very high expectations but ended up leaving very disappointed. After reading the reviews and knowing of Mark from a distance I really wanted Lyrics to be a big hit. We went on a Thursday night ( last night) and it was not crowded. We waited several minutes at the door before we were even greeted, much less seated. We were seated at a very small table and asked to move to a booth. We were told that the only clean booths seated 6 and we couldn't sit there. If we would stay where we were she would bring our drinks, clean a smaller booth and re-seat us. She did bring our drinks (water).
The ambience was very pleasing. they have done wonders with the renovations. There was an acoustic guitar player that was wonderful, however the music was WAY too loud. Even at our small table on the other side of the restaurant we had to lean across and yell at each other even to have a conversation.
I was hoping for an innovative menu but instead it was full of old stand-bys that sounded pleasing enough. The drink menu though looked really fun and we picked out a few to try.
There was only one waitress for the whole restaurant, granted she was working hard, but there were only 4 other tables seated. The door to the kitchen was open and we could see the cook in the back sweeping the floor, so i'm not quite sure what was causing the delay. .
After 15 minutes of head pounding music, minimal conversation and no waitresss in sight, we decided to cut out losses and leave.
I really wanted to love this place. It is just around the corner adn could've become a regular spot for us.
We may try one more time, hopefully another night will be more successful.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burlington, North Carolina
“I'm amazed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I remember the many interations of this location over the years. When I walked in I was blown away. The place has been completely gutted and redone. It is clean, warm, and inviting with a great atmosphere. The wait staff were pleasant and attentive. They have an extensive menu and a full bar. The food was top notch with good ingredients and well prepared. The burgers are thick and juicy and the homemade chips are outstanding. We also tried several sandwiches and the fries and they too were very good. Our friends had salads and the steamed vegetables and they too were pleased. Everyone needs to support this establishment so they stay in business for a long time. I have a tendency to be quite critical of restaurants in my reviews, but I have nothing negative to say about this place. I hope they keep up the high standards over the years.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mebane, North Carolina
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

After reading the other reviews on Trip Advisor my husband and I decided to try it and we were very happy we did. The service was great and the food was terrific. I had the surf and turf special under $15.00 - ribeye and shrimp that was outstanding. My husband really enjoyed the ribs and shrimp also. We finished it off with the carmel pecan brownie sunday with 3 scoops of ice cream - delicious. We will definitely be coming back next time for the food and to stay for the music.

• Visited August 2013