“Sashimi tuna is not sushi grade” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
NC
“Sashimi tuna is not sushi grade”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

On my fourth visit, ordered the sashimi tuna on bed of salad greens. (Note: I love sushi...nigiri, so not talking about California rolls). The tuna was seared as it should be. I was suspicious at the texture because it looked like pieces of tuna steak, flakey. I took a bite and started to chew and it tasted like non-sushi grade raw fish! That is a horrible taste. (It was fresh so would be good if cooked). Such a let down. I was not in the mood for telling the server so I paid and left a tip and gave myself a tip...don't get that again!!

On previous visits ate shrimp cocktail and maui mahi mahi which are good dishes. Salad bar looks fresh.

I had the fried flounder on first visit and was impressed. Then went back for same dish and was disappointed. Fish was fresh and big for a lunch plate. The second time I tried this dish it lacked flavor...I used tartar sauce to eat about 4 bites to take the hunger edge off...I tried. The chef came out and apologized, schooled us on flounder, and gave us cheesecake. The concerned chef is why I returned along with the good atmosphere, live entertainment, and drinks. I will go back but will not go starving and stick with shrimp cocktail and a cocktail.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Toms River, NJ
“Wow!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had 3 meals there. The menu had a lot of choices and was priced great. The food tasted great and so was the presentation. The staff was very helpful with questioned asked about how the food was prepared and ingredients. The dessert menu was to die for. The skilket chocolate chip cookie and the creme brulee with Godiva chocolates great.

Burlington, North Carolina
“Perfect anniversary lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary, and it was very nice. There were several menu items that I wanted to try because the combinations sounded so good. We were both very happy with our selections, but the highlight was the creme brûlée we had for dessert. It was awesome.

“Great salad bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've eaten at this restaurant several times over the years. Had a couple of steaks that weren't as good as I had hoped given the price. However, they have a wonderful salad bar- one of the best I've ever seen. The atmosphere is elegant and I've always had very good servers.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, North Carolina
“Upscale dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

A really nice upscale restaurant. Excellent salad bar. If you're there for lunch they have really excellent sandwiches and dinner menu has great selections for steaks and seafood. Staff is always courteous. Always seated quickly and very professional.

• Visited October 2013