“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Burlington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Swannanoa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had a small room with a comfortable Queen bed. The included breakfast was more than expected with a DIY waffle machine, yogurt and fresh fruit along with the other usual cereals, bagels, juice and coffee, etc.
This Microtel's location just off I-40 is convenient.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
High Point, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We officially cancelled a reservation 2 weeks before the date of arrival. We were still charged for the room and the manager would not issue a refund. He claims it was bought through a third party and the third party owes us the refund. We have statement from DISCOVER that says the charge was entered manually by the hotel and NOT A THIRD PARTY! He lied to keep our refund! But of course, we knew that!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DALLAS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

2nd time visiting NC but the first time in Burlington. Got in late and was just looking for a descent place to lay my head. I was told by a riendcrotel was a good place and the reviews weren't half bad. Well I always like to look at the rooms before I stayin them. I asked the clerk could I look at the room and he told me no. First he said he didn't have one close by and then stated they don't allow people to do that because people tend to go into the rooms and mess them up and not get the room. That should have been a deal breaker at that point but I decided to go ahead and get a room. It was past 12 at night and I was tired. He assured me that the room was up to par. We got into the room, which was about 4 doors down from the front desk, and it smelled bad. Like old carpet. Room was clean and very small but again it smelled. We burned some candles so that helped alot. Next morning, I went to the clerk to ask for some extra face towels. This fool asked me were there not any towels in my room, like he really didn't want to give them to me or like I'm not suppose have extra towels. I said yes but I would like extra please. He gave them to me of course but I just thought that was rude of him. Next, we knew check out time was at 11:00. The front desk started calling me at 8:30 to let me know to check out. Then called again at 10:00 and next time right at 11:00. We walked out of the room at 11:10 and the cleaning lady was standing at the door waiting for us to leave and the clerk was walking down the hall to my room. She stated I just called you check out is at 11. I told her I know that. I have never been to a hotel/motel and have this type of expierence. Where they are actually pushing the customer out the door. Very rude and very unprofessional and I will not EVER return to this place and I will make sure I tell whomever is thinking about staying at this place to think twice.

Room Tip: If a clerk tells you, you can't look at the room before you purchase, then go somewhere else. If...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Albany, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I found this place by seeing the sign along I-40 westbound. Having no experience with Microtel, I chose to give it a try.
I was greeted by a wonderful friendly front desk staff. Each of them is genuinely concerned about me and my stay here. The room was very clean, well kept and very nice. Not a stain or any damage that my eyes could find. The smell of the room was like walking out in the fresh falling rain. All the linens and towels were just as clean and fresh. The bed here may well be the best bed I have slept on in over twenty years of hotel stays and years of business travel. The room is quiet, and compares better than most all of the Marriott or Holiday Inn I have stayed in. This review simply speaks to my stay on the first floor of a hotel that I had no prior knowledge of, and had never read any review on. I will say this, my room charge/price was better than any rates posted on this or other websites, simply by walking in and showing my AAA club card. This reflects my experience with Microtel in the first week of May 2013

Room Tip: Remember to show your AAA card. Remember we are all people....being nice/kind does affect how you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Burlington? Share your experiences!