“older facility but well kept ...great people also..” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Marietta, Ohio
“older facility but well kept ...great people also..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed at a nearby hotel a couple of times in the past and I was not impressed with it(best western) so I decided I would try something new and Im glad I did...this place was great it is an older building appears to have been a Hampton in a past life but this place was very well kept and beautifully decorated with modern decor...the room was great, bed was the standard holiday inn express super comfy bed....everything was top notch at a decent price ..plenty of room to park semis in rear lot restaurants within walking distance...this will be where I stay when Im in the area again...

Room Tip: top floor end of hall was nice and quiet ,great for a day sleeper like myself
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Joe M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our recently converted Holiday Inn Express. We do have plenty of truck parking and several quality places to eat within walking distance. Our main goal is to provide quality customer service in a quiet, clean environment. Next time you are driving through the area please stop again and enjoy our hospitality. Thanks for sharing your experience at our hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chatham, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I made a reservation error and booked for the night prior to our arrival. Angela, at the front desk, took great pains to use my already-paid-for night for the actual night I needed. The lobby was beautiful, the gym was one of the best I've seen in a small hotel, the room was very nice and the breakfast was great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
specialdelivery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express. While things will happen, we strive to take the necessary actions to ensure a smooth and comfortable visit while at the hotel. Your comments were very much appreciated and we are hopeful to be your continued hotel of choice moving forward.

Chris Adams
Regional Director of Operations
Lexington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for two nights, while our granddaughter was involved in a softball tournament, at Springwood Park. The location is very convenient, located right off I-40.The decor was nice and modern. All rooms had a frig and microwave, which was convenient. My only complaint was the beds are very high. I am tall but had a little trouble crawllng into the bed at night. A child would have trouble getting in and out of bed. Also, rooms are narrow, so don't try to add a crib or rollaway bed. Very quick check-in and check-out. Has a very nice pool! Many restaurants near by.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Burlington. We were pleased to have the opportunity to provide your accommodation needs while in town to participate in a softball tournament. We continue to seek ways to provide quality services and your comments allow us to move forward in a direction that we hope to be pleasing to our guests. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back into the area.

Thanks Again!!

Chris Adams
Regional Director of Operations
CN Hotels
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting Elon. Great location. Rooms look like they've been recently remodeled- had a beautiful 2 queen bed room. Nice flat screen tv, closet, seating, pretty bathroom. Avg continental breakfast. Small outdoor pool was nice- no clean towels but they brought some out right away. No hot tub. No movie channels or pay per view. Front desk clerks were nice. Entire place could really benefit from a handy man and some touch ups. Found a coupon at a rest stop in one of those free books- so got a great deal.

• Stayed July 2012
Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This hotel was formerly a Comfort Inn. After I made my reservation a full year in advance, I was told that the hotel was going to become a Holiday Inn Express and that I should call in December to obtain an updated confirmation number. I did so. I also re-confirmed my valid credit card info.
However, in February the hotel decided to recall all the reservations. I was not informed nor were many other guests. Do not book this hotel and expect a room!

Room Tip: The hotel did not honor the confirmed reservations. They did not inform the guests. There was a me...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Jill B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide on your experience. The transition from one hotel chain to another can be a difficult and strenuous experience. We try as best as we can to prevent the difficulties of such a task from affecting our guests, and it appears we fell short of this with your reservation. Once we again, we appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us chance in the future to show you how great we have become.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Burlington is located just off I-40 and is easy to access from the road. It's located right next door to Outback and a short drive from Alamance Crossing, a newer shopping facility that has nice places to eat and a movie theater.

Breakfast at the hotel is good, better than similar hotels in this price range. The workout room is large and has multiple televisions, one of the nicer eliptical machines I've seen in a hotel and even boasts some free weights.

The pool is outdoors (no hot tub) and has nice sitting area. It's a nice place to sit and relax whether you are swimming or not.

Overall I think you'll enjoy the hotel. I did have multiple problems with my magnetic key; you may want to get a new one every time you head to your room - that's a recommendation from the receptionist.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Prince Georges County, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Great Hotel! Clean. nice bathroom. Flat screen TV. Full buffet breakfast with eggs, bagels, potatoes. Only had bacon one morning. Very friendly staff. I was traveling with my basketball team and we were very happy for the self service laundry room. We took full advantage of being able to wash and dry the uniforms right there in the hotel.Lots to eat near by.. IHOP right across the parking lot. Also Outback. Down the street you have Golden Corral, chick fila. panda express and Cook out restaurants. About 20 min drive to Greensboro. VERY SATISFIED!! Would definately stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
cchattmon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you for expressing your warm thoughts about the Holiday Inn Express Burlington. We pride ourselves in delivering second to none service and we work hard and diligently to achieve and exceed standards. You have encouraged my team and made a loud statement that we are heading in the right direction. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Burlington? Share your experiences!