“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Plano, Texas
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time at this restaurant, and we were pleasantly surprised. The menu was ample and the prices seemed very reasonable. The service was ok, but I loved the atmosphere, a very cozy place to eat. I had the lasagna and a glass of the house Cabernet. It was very good. I would go back here without hesitation, specially for a special night out. As special as you can get in Bryson City:)

74% Recommend
Atlanta
“Best in the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

A nice restaurant in a small town of only about 5 restaurants. I had the Prime Rib special which was very good, not the best I've had, but very good. The brocolli side dish was great especially the sauce they used. The house wine was very good. The Tiramasu for desert was sinful. I wish my wife and I had not split it! There is a lot on the menu. I would have gone back but I wanted to try some different restaurants and I was only there for the weekend.

A friend who was there the week before recommended the restaurant, but said get there early because the service tends to get slow when the crowds come. We got there at 5:30 and it was about a quarter full. Service was very good. In thirty minutes the place place was jammed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coral Springs
“ok, but not worth a long wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were a little disappointed in this restaurant. (The property manager where we were staying suggested it to us.) We waited a very long time as they were full and had to seat a party of 14 before us, but we don't mind waiting for great food! We both felt that our entrees were mediocre. My husband had sausage and spaghetti, with a "bland" sauce on it. I don't remember what I ordered (Which says something in itself). I only remember thinking it was just ok. One bright note...despite being very busy that night, our server was very efficient and freindly. Someone told us their pizza is very good. If we return there, we will try the pizza.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“It was open...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

And that was most positive thing to say about this restaurant as the rest of city was deserted. The food was mediocre (the crabcakes were OK) to be friendly.
We would rather have a little smaller portion with some taste and quality to it than the shiploads we were served that were rather tasteless. But the people were very friendly and that helped a lot!
Go there, beg for some real love and attention for your food. They do their best...

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The food was wonderful and the staff were friendly and attentative. Would recommend to eat in Bryson City!

Visited October 2012