“Great Rafting Company” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Bryson City
More attraction details
Owner description: Western North Carolina is a dream vacation destination and we take advantage of everything WNC has to offer: whitewater rafting on three great rivers, white water kayak instruction, fly fishing, scenic lake tours and a store overlooking the Nantahala River. And when winter arrives, we take our expertise to Costa Rica and Ecuador for more great outdoor adventures.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
“Great Rafting Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My 12 daughter and I went white water rafting for the first time this past weekend. My daughter wanted to raft the Ocoee because Nantahala River would be, in her opinion, a lazy river ride. I'm glad to have let her choose and, even more so, to have picked Endless River to guide us. Pella was our rafting guide, and he did an excellent job of guiding the raft, teaching us what to do, and calming our nerves! We went on the all day trip (rode the river twice) and can't begin to describe how fantastic it was! The second time even more so as we "knew" what we were doing and felt confident in ourselves and our team/guide! I could be mistaken, but it seems like our first trip was tamer than our second (maybe because Pella was taking into consideration that 3 of the six people on the rafter were inexperienced and nervous/scared. This is not a complaint because the excitement of the second run would have possibly been too much for a first run!) We definitely intend to use Endless River again in the future. This is a great company; everyone was very nice and reassuring. Juliet, the owner, took the time to answer my questions when I made our reservations and to help me choose which trip to take (Nantahala or Ocoee). We met a couple of other guides: Josh and Sam, both of whom were also friendly and reassuring. All questions were answered, equipment doublechecked, etc. We were quizzed again and again on safety procedures--a big plus in my book!

“Great outfitter!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've used ERA for group rafting trips for Scout groups on the Nanty and Ocoee and they were courteous and made the process very easy.

Have also used them for kayak instruction for my daughter and they have been awesome each time.

Have bought gear there as well and the staff was super helpful.

Montgomery, AL
“A plus, as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family rafted this past Sunday and our experience was exceptional as usual.

ERA is staffed by experienced, world class boaters. Personalized service is their mission statement. Speaking as a class 4 kayaker, they made my trip for my family with 2 children very exciting and safe. It was much more personalized than their competition.

I would not consider any other outfitter for rafting trips in this area. Thank you Red and Ken!

Indiana
“Awesome Cheoah trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We decided to go with E.R.A. because they do the double Cheoah trip and N.O.C. only did a single trip. Linc, Red, Andy and BP were awesome guides and all 10 of us had a great experience. The Cheoah trip is awesome and a must-do for lovers of white water rafting. The Upper Gauley is a great experience, but there is nothing quite like the Cheoah.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
“worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was our first WWR experience and we really enjoyed it. We did the Nantahala Guided River Raft trip. We loved our guide, Max. Smaller company with a lot of personal service.

Visited August 2012