“Great coffee & Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Healthy, Bagels, Café
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Virginia
“Great coffee & Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stopped in for breakfast before our hike to the summit of LeConte (in the Smokies). The couple running the shop was very friendly and cheerful and the atmosphere was cute and outdoorsy (photos, framed map of the Appalachian Trail). The food was good - an apple/cranberry bagel with maple cream cheese for me and a bacon, egg and cheese croissant for my husband. Their 'Black Widow' coffee was so good, I ended up buying a pound to bring home. I would definitely visit Mountain Perks again next time I'm in the Smokies!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great morning stop before hiking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Mountain Perks is great! We stumbled on it before heading out for the day. The food and coffee are wonderful and I appreciated the amount of gluten free options and almond milk. One of the owners, Jeff, also gave us great tips on hiking spots to check out- will definitely be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Felt like a local the second I walked in the door.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Hands down my favorite coffee shop ever. Great personalities mixed with good gluten-free food and excellent coffee. The first day I walked in the door I felt like a local regular because that's how they treated me.

• Visited May 2013
Hampton, Virginia
“Mountain Perks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

A must visit when you go to Bryson City. They have wonderful food and wonderful coffee. A very laid back place with the best soups in the world!!

Visited May 2013
Athens, Georgia
“Great prices, food and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We have had lunch here several times when we are in the Bryson City area and the food is always excellent, the service friendly and the prices reasonable. I have found the salads and the soup of the day especially good choices, last week when there I had the Greek salad and the hummus side was especially good as was the lemon vinaigrette dressing on fresh greens. Mountain Perks is right across from the Great Smokey Mountain Railroad and is an excellent place to have a meal or coffee before or after your train ride.

Visited May 2013