“Much more than a coffee house” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Bryson City
Cuisines: American, Eclectic, Bar, Organic
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Happily serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Weekend Brunch. The focus behind the Cork & Bean was to create a place for locals and weekenders alike to gather and enjoy gourmet coffee, fresh foods and a fantastic wine and beer selection. The Cork & Bean offers great food prepared with the finest ingredients, including locally grown, and organic produce, cheeses and baked goods. With their personal commitment to the environment and community, Ron, Scott, Mark, Kim and the Cork & Bean team strive to engage in sustainable business practices. This great Bryson City dining option is sure to please you and your family every time you come in.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Much more than a coffee house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014 NEW

The reservation was made by a friend who knows the area. As we drove past and walked up to the restaurant we thought it was a combination wine bar and coffee house. In fact, the main room was set up that way. But we were pleasantly surprised to find out to find a nice, relaxed dining room. The menu included basics like burgers and also more gourmet and healthy choices. The food and service was very good. They had no trouble accommodating our group of 14, even though the dining room was full.

• Visited October 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Better than a cool mountain breeze”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 NEW

As a local, which translates to 'we eat at the same restaurants all the time', this is a favorite gathering place. We ordered the bagel for Him the eggs and grits for Her during brunch - you know a New York meets southern comfort kinda couple. Our meals were just like home for each of us. It's got to be really good to get us back over and over again. We bounce between here and Anthony's the way people travel between their favorite vacation homes!

Tennessee
“Great dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

My husband and I went here for dinner and had a lovely meal. This is a neat concept coffee house/bar/restaurant. Really nice and cozy atmosphere. I had a pork tenderloin special and my husband had the ribeye. They use locally sourced ingredients which we really like. Everything was delicious and our service was excellent.

Visited October 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
“Crepes for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

Love the charm and atmosphere at Cork and Bean. We visited during March when there weren't so many tourists around. Turkey and spinach crepe was very good. Local food that isn't a barbecue pit is always a treat!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grayson, Georgia
“Poor Customer Service...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

To be clear, we were unable to eat here, but I think its important that you know why. My wife called a week in advance of our family's Polar Express trip to make a reservation for our large group of 8. She was told on that Saturday to call back the following Saturday around noon for the call ahead seating for that day. So...on our way up, we called just before noon. At that time, we were told there were no seats available as they had 3-4 large groups coming in around the same 530 pm slot. We explained our experience and the fact we were directed by their personnel to call back for seating reservations the day of, but no help. I called back a second time and spoke to Mark who said he was one of the owners. Mark's basic attitude was "I'm sorry, I don't know who would have told you that, and there is nothing I can do for you". He suggested we come in and take our chances to wait on a table in another section of the restaurant. I asked if we'd have a shot for a table of 8 around 530 and he said probably not. I was frustrated that he didn't offer to reserve a table for us in the other part of the restaurant. Overall, I was disappointed in their efforts to do the right thing.
I have reminded my wife (and will remind all of the readers) ALWAYS get the name of the person you speak with concerning reservations or other important info. I'm not sure if Mark would've done anything different (doesn't seem like it) if I'd given the name of their staff that originally wouldn't take our reservation a week before AND told us to call back the day of around noon, but it'd be worth a shot.
Because of their lax attitude to do the right thing, I would never have a meal here.....its that irritating to me. Feel free to read my other reviews...I'm not a 'high maintenance' person and do not typically give negative reviews....but felt this customer experience needed to be written for others to view.

Visited December 2014