“No Hot Wings, No High Gravity” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Bryson City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located at the intersection of the Appalachian Trail and the Nantahala River, River's End Restaurant has been serving hikers, paddlers and everyone in between since 1972. From delicious trout cakes and New York style pizza to hand-pattied veggie burgers and the infamous sherpas, River's End Restaurant has a dish for everyone. The Nantahala River provides beautiful views and plenty of entertainment while dining from riverside seats at River's End Restaurant.Serving breakfast (March-October), lunch, and dinner. Open year round.
Cherokee, North Carolina
“No Hot Wings, No High Gravity”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

...instead, full size chicken legs deep fat fried and dipped in wing sauce. It was odd because a couple of years ago I remember the restaurant boasted a rather extensive and tasty wings menu. Also, while there are plenty of craft beers offered, none were high gravity. All were pricey.
My friend and I had special menu items. She had a fried green tomato BLT, and I had a Pretzel Bun Burger with onion rings. All sandwiches are served with just chips, there is an upcharge of less than a buck for other sides. The rings were PERFECT and served with a great dipping sauce. I noticed that while all the ranch style dressings were homemade, any other dressing such as bleu cheese were Kens Steakhouse...literally. The dressings were served in the plastic fast food pouch dispensers.
Our server was average. There was an incident we observed that made us realize that back of the house management probably isn't the greatest.
Overall, eat here for the view, accessibility. The menu is fun and imaginative casual dining but the result often falls flat.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Would have loved to try it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Came in during the day and they were busy so we were patient waiting at the host stand, but no one ever came (about 10 minutes). When a server did we asked to put our name down and was told the hostess will be back. We saw the bar was open and asked if we could seat ourselves there and were told yes. So then we sat at the bar where no one came for another 5-10 minutes. A server did for a minute but no help/greeting of us. So we just left. As a server and bartender myself I know it can be busy, but I also know how to handle it.

St. Petersburg
“This Restaurant was Great Twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our family enjoyed a lunch and a dinner twice this week at River's End. The trout cake sandwich and burgers were excellent for lunch, as was the large raven salad. Onion rings were a good starter for both meals. For dinner, we enjoyed pizza, the Milepost open burger, and a Ceasar salad. We capped off the dinner with blackberry cobbler. Great service and wonderful view. We will be back next time we are in the area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Nice End to a Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

It was very enjoyable to watch the rafters, tubers, and kayakers come in at the end of the day. Pretty much every seat has a wonderful river view. The meal selection was not large, but what we ordered was excellent. I had the Chicken Sherpa and I was very happy with my choice. Unique but delicious and the portion was more than enough for leftovers.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Affordable food, great choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Really good menu, and very reasonably priced. I really recommend the Sherpa meals which were very healthy and tasty too. We expected to pay top dollar as there was no competition locally, and was very surprised at getting a good meal for less than $10 a head. My only disappointment is that we were not offered top ups to our soft drinks and water