“Just Like Home with Way Better Food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hemlock Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryson City
Hemlock Inn
You added Hemlock Inn to your Saves list
911 Galbraith Creek Road, P.O. Box 2350, Bryson City, NC 28713   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Bryson City B&B and Inns
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Just Like Home with Way Better Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My family and I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Hemlock Inn. We LOVE staying there and look foward to the fantastic family-style dinner and breakfast. Mort and his staff are so welcoming and friendly. We will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

The Hemlock Inn instantaneously transported me back to a similar, familiar place of my childhood! Our hosts were engaging , charming, and helpful, as were the guests. It was our first visit to the area and the Inn is located ideally near Smoky Mountain State Park, and Nantahala Outdoor Center for rafting. The meals were deliciously home cooked and included in the price of the room. We had a large "family room" which was ideal size for a big family.
Best of all, my teenagers traded in their electronics for puzzles, games and hiking. What a peaceful, beautiful family place! The Baileys

• Stayed July 2012
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I spent Fourth of July in Bryson City and stayed at the Hemlock Inn. We visited over 18 years ago for the first time, and it's nice to see that not that much has changed including the warm, welcoming owners. The inn is situated just minutes to the entrance of the Great Smoky National Park making it perfect for those who want to spend time hiking (like we did), visiting NOC (like we did), or just plain relaxing on the porch overlooking the mountains (like we did). You won't find fancy rooms here, just peaceful surroundings, and clean, cozy rooms. There are no TV's in the rooms, or Wi-fi, but why anyone would come to this beautiful part of the country and want to spend time with TV or computers is beyond me. For those of you who simply can't do without, there is wi-fi in the main house, and a TV room available. Most people come just for the food. Breakfast and dinner is served daily, 8:30am and 6:30PM. Don't be late! Breakfast and dinner are announced by the ringing of the bell. You can't miss it. Then you will sit at a table of up to 10 people and get to know your fellow guests while experiencing great country home cooking. The owners are true Christian people and all meals will be preceeded by the saying of Grace. Although not religious people ourselves, we were expected to stand behind our chairs while Mort said Grace. This is just one more thing that made us feel like we were visiting family. We were all addressed by name, and even when I blew a fuse in our room causing the lights to go out in multiple rooms, and had to get Mort at 11PM, he was down-right friendly and helpful. If there was anything I could recommend to make my visit 100% perfect, I would have to say a hot tub. After hiking all day, it would have been fabulous to soak in a hot tub on that deck overlooking the mountains. I don't think life could get any better ( and maybe hot coffee, tea, iced tea or lemonade made available throughout the day, and maybe some fresh baked cookies?) Just a thought!

Room Tip: We had a king room with a private screened porch. Room 16 was very quiet!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We found the Hemlock Inn by accident, looking for somewhere to stay in the Bryson area. It was the best night of our trip. Rooms are quaint, comfortable, and clean. The view was gorgeous. The staff was absolutely wonderful! Really felt like we were on vacation when we were there. Food was great! Loved the round table breakfast and dinners that are included in your price. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Definitely well worth the price!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I came down from DC over this past Memorial Day weekend to meet up with a number of friends at the Hemlock Inn. To be honest, I was not looking forward to the long drive. However, the moment I pulled into the parking lot, the stress of months without a vacation quickly drained from my body. My room was a true cabin, but included the conveniences of a kitchenette. The bed was immensely comfortable and the room was spacious. The greatest part about the Hemlock Inn was the incredible morning views over looking mountains. Well, that and the unbelievably delicious family style breakfasts and dinners… Which were much needed after a day of golf, hiking, or braving some whitewater in one of the nearby rivers! The Hemlock Inn is a located in a great spot for families and groups of friends alike. I really couldn’t recommend this place enough! If you go, take time to say ‘hi’ to the owners as they are great too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Blue Ridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I just returned from what was to have been just one night at the Hemlock Inn. We'd planned to stay there one night, then continue on to the Outer Banks...but it was so great, we decided to stay three more days! I first came to Hemlock Inn as a teenager in the 1960s, at first just for meals to celebrate family events. Then we came here once on our honeymoon, and again a few times over the years. This trip reminded us of how great the place is. Staff were VERY helpful, especially with providing special dietary needs for me (I'm on a weight-loss regimen right now.) Would highly recommend the Hemlock Inn.

Room Tip: Don't expect a swimming pool, fitness center, etc.--or even a telephone in the room. This is an...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

This was our first, but certainly not last, visit to the Hemlock Inn. My husband and I have vacationed in the Bryson City area for years and wanted to stay someplace different this time. What a treat! The location was great – close to town but removed enough to feel “away from it all.” We stayed in a king room with a screened porch and loved sleeping with the windows open to catch the breeze. Listening to the birds wake up in the morning was an added bonus. We have traveled extensively and this was the cleanest room we have ever stayed in. We were surprised to return from breakfast each day and find that the two gentlemen who make up the housekeeping staff had already cleaned our room.

Chad was very gracious and welcoming, as was everyone we encountered. We enjoyed dining at the large tables and meeting other guests. The food was delicious! We had opted for breakfast only but regretted it after hearing everyone rave about the evening meals. We thank you for remaining true to your beliefs by blessing the food before each meal.

The only negative thing we can come up with is the "water saving" shower head. PLEASE change them. We don't think they actually save water as you must stay in the shower three times as long trying to rinse off the soap. Should we bring our own shower head next time?

As we drove away, we both agreed that this was the most relaxing trip in a long time. We hope to return very soon!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hemlock Inn? Share your experiences!