“Nice little inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hemlock Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bryson City
Hemlock Inn
You added Hemlock Inn to your Saves list
911 Galbraith Creek Road, P.O. Box 2350, Bryson City, NC 28713   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Bryson City B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Harrisburg, Illinois
“Nice little inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on a family trip. The room was nice and clean, and had a simple screened in balcony. I was a little surprised by the lack of television, but actually liked that I didn't have that distraction. The meals here are amazing. If they'd served a lunch I would have been there for all three meals. If you want a quiet place away from the hustle and bustle of some Smokey Mountain tourist areas, this is the place to go.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

The Hemlock Inn is located at the edge of the Smoky Mountains National Park. A 10 minute drive and you are at the head of many hiking trails through the Smoky Mountains, one of our premier national parks. The inn is unpretentious, no frills, no TV, but very comfortable and in a beautiful setting. From the front deck, high on a ridge, the view is nothing but mountains, with an occasional rising mist, or bird in flight – very peaceful. The delicious home cooked meals are served family style. The inn keeper and family are warm, gracious hosts. On a chilly day, the fire in the fireplace is cozy. The communal living room is good for a reunion of family or friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed here for one night because the Fryemont Inn was only open to reservations made for two nights, which did not work for us. I was unaware of the mandated participation in grace before meals (stand behind the chair, no less) or I would not have stayed there. I enjoyed meeting the folks from other areas of the country seated at our table but the food at both the evening and breakfast meals was really mediocre. I invited a friend to stay there with us and on a scale of 1 - 10, she rated the food as a 5. I agree. We had to ask for extra coffee at both meals and seconds were not offered.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Brenham, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

My impressions of this "B&B" are mixed. Although we frequently travel to this part of the country to enjoy the whitewater and the Smokies, we had never arrived without reservations until this year. The Hemlock Inn was recommended by one of the luxury cabin rental companies we'd previously used, and I was more than pleased to find that they had a cabin open. Yes, this is an "inn" but they have several cabins also available for rental. Although not impressive from the outside, the 2 bedroom, 2 bath was nice enough--portable a/c units in each of the bedrooms made the nights pleasant. The view was spectacular. Even though we were directly 'down the hill' from the main inn, the cabin seemed isolated and quiet, which my family particularly enjoys. The view from the front window--awesome.
The interior was certainly rustic, and could have been cleaner. I agree with other reviewers who used the term "Retro" to describe the place. I'd also agree a little updating is necessary. They could make it so much more comfortable without abandoning the rustic, homespun quality. Admittedly, we are accustomed to more modern accomodations, with modern amenities, while still being situated in pastoral surroundings with great views! The teenagers were not comfortable, but we enjoyed some family time nonetheless. It was as welcoming as you'd imagine an elderly aunt's country home.
There was a 'Hemlock Inn' brochure displayed (which I read cover to cover) that included Inn etiquette such as standing behind chairs before mealtime, saying grace, and more-or-less "dressing for dinner." Three out of four of us did not savor the idea of family seating AT ALL, but we welcomed the Christian atmosphere. However, we brought nothing with us other than rafting clothes and flip-flops. So we cooked our own meals in our cabin rather than going up the hill to the inn. When we checked out, the lady at the desk asked why we hadn't attended meals. I explained about what I'd read and she told us that the books had not been updated for many years. MANY YEARS? She then asked me to tell her in advance the "next time" we booked and she'd deduct the price of the meals. (My upbringing would have lead me to offer such a family a refund, but I understand that the food was prepared based on the number of guests registered.)
While I understand the appeal of this inn to many, there will not be a "next time" for us.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

The host family that owns this sweet retreat are awesome! My daughter and I stayed there for a weekend and was very impressed with the facilities, the manicured grounds, the homey lodge, the rocking chair porch with the gorgous views, the charming clean rooms and breakfast was great! I would go back in a heart beat!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

This was my first trip to Hemlock Inn and I can say I will definitely be going back! I went with my Sunday school class and we had a blast. The location is awesome, the view is amazing, the food is out of this world, and there are plenty of activities around the area. If you stay there, make sure you say "Hi" to AJ the Hemlock Kitty for me, he was fun to play with.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We went with our church group. The owner was so very nice, he went out of his way to make us all fill at home. The Food was EXCELLENT!!! really without words. We recommend this B&B to anyone for any reason. My husband and I do plan to come and stay personally anytime we are in the area. Was very easy to find with easy access to anywhere Cherokee, Bryson City all HWY's.
We will be staying again :)

• Stayed April 2010

Been to Hemlock Inn? Share your experiences!