“My family loved it - nostolgic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brevard
Sunset Motel
You added Sunset Motel to your Saves list
523 S Broad Street, Brevard, NC 28712   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brevard
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
North Carolina
“My family loved it - nostolgic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

My family came to visit us last week from Missouri and we had a full house . . .so rented two rooms at the Sunset Motel in Brevard. My family loved the old style motor lodge feel. They said it gave them a real small town nostolgic feeling. Also enjoyed eating at the Cardinal Drive In and seeing the old timey car show. At the hotel they enjoyed meeting all the mtn bikers. Thanks to the Sunset Motel staff for being so friendly! My family will be back . . .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Grayslake, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

This is an older property that new owners are slowly renovating. It served its purpose but I guess our biggest gripe is what you get for the money compared to other hotels. The room was clean. But the rooms two biggest weaknesses were the road noise and the lack of places to set anything. There is not a single horizontal surface in the room.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
SunsetOwner, Owner at Sunset Motel, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are listening. Because of your review, we added "flat surfaces".
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

This place definitely served our purposes--my boyfriend and I stayed here a couple times during the Brevard Music Center Festival to have some alone time. It worked perfectly for that! But I'm pretty sure that, the second time we came, the lady at the desk thought we were having an affair, because she asked if we had been there before, and was then very rude. The rooms are dated and the beds aren't comfortable, but it was cheap!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Chimney Rock, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.The Sunset Motel was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly.I like the motel for the price and good location off highway.It was a cute mom and pop place. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
east coast usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

Economical, locally owned, friendly, and clean. Not the Ritz. Nice central location to rivers, Parkway, restaurants, etc. I would gladly return. Old school hotel, allowed me to park my motor bike close to my door, which i like. Touch of 50's nostalgia.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
High Point
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

Being from Chicago, I'm not used to small town motels. The Sunset Motel in Brevard was just that.

The rooms are extremely out dated (the TV might have been older than I am) but clean. The woman who worked in the office was extremely nice and very helpful. I don't know that I would stay there again, as the money I spent for the room does not seem worth it. I could have gone to a bigger hotel with an updated room for about $20 more, but it was a place to sleep and shower.

• Liked — Location. It was in the perfect spot.
  • Disliked — Out dated.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
tdavis40
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

I was wonderfully surprised by this quaint, old-fashioned motel. The rooms were clean, and the service was excellent. Best of all, the rate was very affordable, and much lower than the over-priced rates at the competing Franchised hotels in Brevard. I highly recommend it!!!!

• Liked — Great, Friendly Staff & affordable rate
  • Disliked — A bit aged, but still a good experience
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sunset Motel? Share your experiences!